« Home | Seeing things right now, kinda as: *** ... » | Now commence : the ever-so-enlightening blog which... »

My wallet was stolen this past summer. Here's a sampling of the fun that ensued when I was enroute to getting my goods back to mine...

When trying to recover articles from a stolen wallet, there are a
couple of things to always keep in mind:

1. Stay calm in front of the bureaucrats.
Okay, just one thing I guess.

Today I was standing in a line that literally looked like it was
going to wrap around the building, to replace my license, and then,
as I get up to the front, finally, after playing mental games with
myself, usually threats of some kind(like "I would kill for this
right now, or ... "this is going to kill me..."etc.)I
reached an actual person, but of course, it couldn't go smoothly.
There was a distraction.

Someone who works there brought in a baby.

Now, I like babies as much as the next person, but I mean, this is
ridiculous. Its like we've all never seen one.
And then they had to talk to the mother, and talk about how they felt
that "mothering agreed with her."

At this point my pulse quickens and I find myself a little annoyed
but am trying to guise it as pleasant but hurried anticipation to,
indeed, file the paperwork, get the license, and so on and so forth.
Its been nearly 30 minutes for crying out loud.

Because you can't just stop and groan about a baby being in the room,
you have to, you know, be gracious...and talk in that voice, you
know, the baby voice.

And its really kinda maddening because I just wanted to get another
license since everything that says "I am Me" was
taken...along with my phone. This actually happened a few days ago
but you know, over the weekend, when everything is closed. How lucky
I was to snag such timing.

So I said, very nicely (or i'd like to think), "um, i'm sorry to
have to be the person to say this, but I am kinda in a
hurry...?"
And the woman just looks at me, raises her eyebrows, and says
"next in line."

Next in line?

I was shocked!
She told me she didn't want to deal with my "attitude"..and
you can only imagine her attitude as she said that.

I just stood there, shocked. The next person gladly came and took my
spot, and I guess I can't say I blame them, because when you enter
that building its like you become a wolf out for blood, but
seriously!

Luckily the woman next to her, yet another bureaucrat, but one that
maybe had gotten some the night prior, or was just feeling Christmas
in her heart, told her that she "couldn't just do that" and
helped me out.

After that long, I would hope so.

Jesuschrist. If its not the heat making people crazy its government
jobs. Makes me hate that pack of thieves that stole my shit even
more.

Archives