« Home | THE BEST PART IS THE MUSIC » | The Head Butt Seen 'Round The WorldIts official: I... » | I am afraid I am going through withdrawal. » | PANDA TIME » | LE SIGH. » | Independence After returning from nearly a week up... » | Why I love Fishbowl DCThe Important Question(Dang,... » | Why I Suppose I'm Indie. I read an article today i... » | The "Circus Wedding, Part I of II" EntryIts a big ... » | JOSE + 10I survived the weekend and came out prett... »

I was POSTED ON NPR.ORG

The true allure of this event and this developing story is that such an idol was so willing to launch off that pedestal we have created for him, and act truly human -- for many, athletes are considered Gods and Zidane reminded us in, perhaps not the wisest way possible (but perhaps the only effective way) that athletes are human and that like all of us, they take familial protection quite seriously. To me this event didn't diminish his capabilities as an athlete it only enhanced who he is as a person.


Sent by Cherie Getchell | 7-13-2006

Archives