« Home | Eduardo is beyond control at this point about the ... » | Spinning the Wheels I really love it when I put my... » | This is why I love Jliz; lines like these:you can ... » | 98 Degrees.No not the boy band but the weather. Th... » | "the Bloggy Cherie and the In Person Cherie: A Com... » | So. Its been a hectic few days. I'll begin first w... » | I had a great weekend at home, despite my three ho... » | Not only is this weather completely dampening my e... » | And You Will Stay Forever.from the Chicago Tribune... » | MAY 26! »

JOSE + 10

I survived the weekend and came out pretty interested in this new arena of sport previously foreign to me; football, soccer, what have you. Eduardo had me on a pretty regimented schedule... I sort of felt like it was taking over our lives and we have about a month left. The best part of being a new fan is that I really didnt have any allegiances to any particular team, although you would think that I would want the US to win, which would have been nice, but I was happy when any team won, really, especially Mexico. I seem to have a fascination and some genuine adoration for the Latin culture so you can imagine my delight with the latest Adidas commercial set The Impossible. I have only seen part one of the two, Equipo 60 but its really a great commercial, in part be/c of the music (I have seen round the net that its DAllouete by RJD2) and also be/c the two little kids are so cute and I just love their accents and of course, how the actual players jump out of their presumably, imaginations. I mean, who didnt play those type of games name your best team with whomever you want when they were little? When I did that, the teams were usually of, say, famous TV actors or movie stars. Its just by far the best ad I have seen in awhile. The best part is that the second half, Partido, is going to premier sometime during the World Cup so its like, a mini movie, two part drama or something. Its also nice to watch this game with someone who actually knows the players, the game, and isn't completely obnoxiously rooting for one team over the other (although Eduardo generally roots for the underdog).

Archives