« Home | MAY 26! » | My outrage over what I read in the newspapers real... » | Pachuca Sunrisemidnight on a beach in the Mediterr... » | Watch this in its entirety. It handed me one of th... » | The "Time to Take Off All that Coldplay from my Ip... » | Without hesitation, the immigration rallies across... » | This looks like the type of movie that I am going ... » | To anyone who reads this blog, please write your c... » | "My little foot moves around when I think of you." » | Close, but not as good as Lazy Sunday. »

And You Will Stay Forever.

from the Chicago Tribune re: the escaped rape suspect who was re-captured a few hours later:

The man was taken into custody the second time at about 10a.m. after a woman, following her intuition, realized the man was in a crawl space under her back porch in the 2100 block of West Farwell Avenue.

Lucy Radycki, 65, said she had a feeling that someone was in the crawl space. "I shouted `Get out of there. I'm locking the door and you will stay forever.'"

then later in the story...

As word of the manhunt circulated through the neighborhood, Radycki and her husband, Bob, checked their crawl space several times. The third time, something felt different. Lucy Radycki noticed something was amiss--the door was open wider than she had left it and a yellow blanket she keeps there for a stray cat was gone.

and finally:

In the middle and upper-middle class neighborhood that includes large, stately houses--and counts Cook County State's Atty. Richard Devine as a resident--neighbors were finally able to relax. As early as 6:30 a.m. they had heard buzzing helicopters and racing police cars.

"I was thinking there was a war or terrorists when I heard the helicopters," said Loretha Scott.

Lastly:
"I'm concerned. I'm over here almost every day," said Helen, 54, a neighbor who refused to give her last name out of fear. "We don't need this stuff to be happening, especially right before Mother's Day."

And You Will Stay Forever. Yellow blanket for stray cat. Thinking there was a war or terrorists. Especially before Mothers Day...should I continue to find this amusing or tragic?

Archives