« Home | I was POSTED ON NPR.ORGThe true allure of this eve... » | THE BEST PART IS THE MUSIC » | The Head Butt Seen 'Round The WorldIts official: I... » | I am afraid I am going through withdrawal. » | PANDA TIME » | LE SIGH. » | Independence After returning from nearly a week up... » | Why I love Fishbowl DCThe Important Question(Dang,... » | Why I Suppose I'm Indie. I read an article today i... » | The "Circus Wedding, Part I of II" EntryIts a big ... »

The "lazy Sunday " Entry
Date: 16 July 2006
Climate: STIFLING
Eating: nothing.
Drinking: water.
Feeling: withdrawn
Listening to: Ennio Morricone
Watching: Entourage
Reading: well, attempting to read Zidane's site, en francais

Like anyone who is truly depressed, I literally have spent the entire day in bed - i was awake for a total of 3 hours today, and when I finally got up at 5pm, it was to eat dinner, get prescriptions filled (my malaria pills for Guatemala), and get some ice cream. Ice cream, and not the basically eating half and half Coldstone variety, is really all I feel like eating in this heat but alas, its not the healthiest thing to do. With the curtains closed and the a/c blaring, i literally napped all day - when I woke up for my first 1.5 hours (mind you, at 11am), it was to lay half asleep on top of eduardo, look online for any more news re: Zidane, and read the online news for the day (i am still shocked about what is happening in Lebanon). I also ate a piece of cheese and a fruit roll up and fell asleep until 5 - during that time, I had fitful dreams, the last of which included an apperance by Zizou in an ice cream store? Yeah. It was through this dream that I started to make sense of my depressed state that occupied my psyche today - World Cup Withdrawal. I just miss it. Watching it, talking about it, reading about it. So today I mourned. I don't feel guilty about sleeping the entire Sunday away, especially with this crazy heat - or maybe it's me that's crazy be/c I went running on Friday and had a pounding headache throughout the night - even when trying to put on a happy face for Will squared's house warming party - that apartment, btw, its amazing looking, the decorating effortless and oh so stylish. I simply do not have the magic eye that Will has as far as decorating goes, or just design in general. But yeah, who goes running in 90+ degree heat + humidity? Yech. I feel dizzy just thinking about it.

This heat makes everything more difficult - last night Eduardo and I laid in bed for 30 minutes debating about getting up to go get some food be/c cooking - actually turning on a burner to accrue more heat wasn't even an option. At one point I had him bring over banana chips to "refuel" so I could just get the energy to get up and go get take out. Thinking about moving was exhausting. We're old, or, we act older than we are. Whichever.

Archives