« Home | The "lazy Sunday " EntryDate: 16 July 2006Climate:... » | I was POSTED ON NPR.ORGThe true allure of this eve... » | THE BEST PART IS THE MUSIC » | The Head Butt Seen 'Round The WorldIts official: I... » | I am afraid I am going through withdrawal. » | PANDA TIME » | LE SIGH. » | Independence After returning from nearly a week up... » | Why I love Fishbowl DCThe Important Question(Dang,... » | Why I Suppose I'm Indie. I read an article today i... »

The "Work has become Blistering " Entry
Date:17 July 2006
Climate: UNBEARABLE
Eating: Well, I last ate a House Salad at PJ Clarkes with LJ
Drinking: Shirley Temple
Feeling: Tired.
Listening to: Ghostwriter, RJD2
Watching: --
Reading: articles about Zidane, more

I start law school in about a month. I am not sure what I feel i need to accomplish prior to this departure to academia. Regardless, i have been instructed and do feel that i need to look upon this next journey as one of new beginnings, as opposed to what i feel is ending; my youth, my mobility, my relative debt-free status. I am 25 right now and I suppose that these next three years will really pass me by...and then i'm 28, heading towards 30 and what will I have accomplished? I just don't know. I feel very sad right now.

I have been told that its just part of the maturation process; losing previous ideals, and realizing new ones, but I think I really liked who I used to be and really hope I like who I am becoming. I read in one of my "required reading" texts that a large dillema surrounding law school can be that it really changes how you think of the world, how you interact with those you care about, how you review the days events in your mind. I have always wondered if this is how people truly entrenched in what they love, like athletes or writers, think of the world; through that lense I guess. I don't know, yet.

I just hope I don't let this degree and this journey overtake the other things I want out of life - I know of too many unhappy people to allow myself to become another casualty. The threat is always imminent though. Oh the maturation process. I just, I hate how predictable it is and am desperately trying to avoid becoming such.

Archives