« Home | Its the third or fourth...third day in a row for s... » | Imaginary Cases & Urban Legends: The Stella Awards... » | Mean Girls has decidedly mass appeal. No sooner ha... » | Last night I had dinner with Erick and Lindsay at... » | THESE ARE DARK TIMESSometimes I say that in jest b... » | » | from CNN.com Re: my favorite person"He's going to ... » | . » | I think that from now on, i'll just continue to po... » | A think a national retail chain would do really we... »

The "Enjoy those civil liberties while you still have them" Entry

I am listening to Amor Em Paz by Antonio Carlos Jobim. I love this type of music. I don't know what you'd classify it as...bossa nova avec jazz inflections? I sure enjoy it. Nouvelle Vague is another CD thats getting alot of action; its classic tunes like Love Will Tear Us Apart and Too Drunk To Fuck set to a bossa nova vibe. Nice. I think it has to do with the summertime.

Basically I am saddened as I am sure many "liberals" are, regarding O'Connor's resignation. A few things that I read today that I enjoyed...

During Senate confirmation hearings in 1981, she was asked about the legacy she hoped to leave.

"Ah, the tombstone question," O'Connor replied. "I hope it says, 'Here lies a good judge.' "

and

O'Connor has dismissed the swing vote label, telling CNN recently, "That's something the media has devised as a means of writing about the court, and I don't think that has a lot of validity."

I admire her, naturally. I also feel compassion for her resignation to, in part, take care of her husband.

Thats all for now.

Archives