« Home | Day One:Eduardo and I arrived in the UK after what... » | i adore this actress. » | The "Magna Carta: 1, Cherie and Eduardo: 0 " Entry... » | UK All The Way.Expect a long post upon my arrival ... » | "When I first invited George Clooney to blog after... » | The "Pretty Fly" EntryDate: 14 March 2006Climate: ... » | » | The "Post Migraney " EntryDate: 10 March 2006Clima... » | I really haven't calmed down all that much since I... » | The"I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It A... »

I can't believe i haven't blogged about this sooner but no time like the present...okay, as we all should know, I enjoy watching TV, shamelessly. When the likes of Ira Glass professes his enjoyment of shows like, oh I don't know, The OC and America's Next Top Model, I think that we can all breathe a sigh of relief that our secret TV lives can now go public...I used to think watching TV wasn't at all good seeing as it involves nothing other than watching something that really bears no accolades or praise in the high art way that film, literature, and music do, but to hell with it. Anyway, my latest fascination is none other than the TV/Reality show on MTV called....8th and Ocean. Seriously do not stop reading be/c this show is freaking amazing and hysterical - i suppose I watch it be/c I am hooked and addicted the way I am to the OC but this show is so freaking funny, really be/c it takes itself so seriously and thats always humerous when the subject matter is of like 8 m models trying to "make it" in South Beach - South BEACH!...lol.

Britt, this model from like Kansas shows up. She's a brunette and I personally don't really get the model vibe from her - and really, anyone who reads anything about fashion and the models that work it know that its that sorta cupie doll, wide eyed, sorta weird pretty that models are sporting nowadays and Britt is like...well, not any of that (maybe wide eyed. She has large eyes). The kicker is that she is like wayyyyy Christian and brought this other model, Sabrina, to this "Models for Christ" thing at this church. I am not shitting you. This really happened. And she gave this like testimonial about why, esps as a model, your relationship with Jesus is so important...and she actually said that Jesus is her husband. The best part was that Sabrina, her "friend" (total Mean Girls atmosphs in this flat), like started to laugh, honestly be/c I think she thought she was kidding but when she realized that like, tears were falling from Britts eyes (be/c who wouldn't cry at a "Models for Christ" meeting?), she had to stifle it and that is always funny to watch. She looked like she was going to choke.

Sabrina is the twin of Kelly and they're both like, well, pretty but total commerical. I do not see haute couture modeling coming from like any of these models but these two could be the freaking DoubleMint twins. Currently Sabrina is dealing with a case of acne that has propelled so much drama its unreal, i.e. the agency she works for (also quite a piece of work which I will get to later) told her she can't go on any more casting be/c she is not representing herself nor the agency well at all with those zits! BUT Sabrina WENT ANYWAY. Honestly the way the bookers at the agency reacted AND how uber emotional Sabrina got (and like how disgusted her twin Kelly got at Sabrina for getting upset and just "not getting" that Sabrina is the "ugly twin" and Kelly is the "pretty twin" - even though they are straight up identical - had me rolling on the floor). Must be the emo music and the up close shots of the models pondering this Acne crisis....its just like this show has these never ending issues with things that NO ONE EVER CARES ABOUT, collectively or individually. I am so hooked its embararssing.

Then there's the guy models - part of an episode had to deal with this one model, his name is something stupid like "vinci" (proncounced like "vince but with a y, not like Da Vinci), who is really "popular" with clients, but not respectful or more importantly, not punctual or reliable at all...MTV is genius with it - they show one booker like screaming be/c she can "NEVER GET AHOLD OF VINCEEEE." and then immediately cut to - what else? Vinceee in a hot tub with a bunch of bikini clad girls, drinking beer out of plastic cups - be/c what ELSE does a male model do when not modeling besides hot tubbing with the honeys? Seriously. This guy has such a low IQ that you can't even estimate it - you say its rock bottom but then he does something and you say to yourself "nope, lower that I thought."

Then there's the agency madam - honestly, she's like a botoxed, mystic tanned, anorexic Cruella Deville. Listening to her wax on and on about the models is amazing be/c you can tell she doesn't really care that much but has to pretend to be/c shes on TV and she doesn't pretend that well, like, its so OBVIOUS that she doesn't care its funny. Sighs. The best is when she makes the models cry - not be/c she's making them cry but be/c you see how really freaking mean she is be/c she makes people cry all day and doesn't care. Plus her name is like on the side of the building that they always show like she's freaking Anna Wintour or something.

I love this show be/c it makes me feel secure in how I view these type of models (models like Kate Moss and Daria Werbowy are different, they are I think maybe be/c they're foreign. Anyway.) and that they are just bottom feeders in the fashion world. I like knowing that these people really are as shallow and incredibly unintelligent be/c they have commercial good looks and probably never had to try hard. Where did they find these people?!!!!! Honestly. They must make them in a lab and shuttle them out every new season a new reality show idea comes to surface be/c this is even more dumb than Laguna Beach and THAT SHOW...? But I watch it so that makes me one of the senseless millions that perpetuate these shows...but hopefully you see that I watch it more for comic value than, say, good dramatic TV.

Archives