« Home | » | The "Post Migraney " EntryDate: 10 March 2006Clima... » | I really haven't calmed down all that much since I... » | The"I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It A... » | I have developed a habit of crafting these almost ... » | I love learning this type of crap.From Ochef.com ... » | Lets Go Catch Snakes:R: I was wonderingR: would yo... » | There is something alarming about experiencing som... » | What do you want me to bring you from London? I le... » | My new favorite band::The Pig WarMinus The Bear...... »

The "Pretty Fly" Entry
Date: 14 March 2006
Climate: Blustery Day
Eating: Salad from Fields
Drinking: water
Feeling: emo
Listening to: Lindsay Lohan, Minus the Bear, Shiny Toy Guns, Her Space Holiday
Watching: last night I watched the Apprentice.
Reading: Trib

There are times when I feel as though I have nothing left to say or write for that matter. My thoughts are dreamy and nonsequential and usually deal with musings that no one would really care about. Today it was a different story, and it really took efefct when I read the following: "Ryan Jury asks for Law dictionary...The federal jury deciding the fate of former Gov. George Ryan asked its first written question during its second day of deliberations today: 'Can we have a law dictionary?'After quickly conferring, lawyers for Ryan and co-defendant Lawrence Warner agreed with prosecutors on the answer: No.

The jury's note revealed that an African-American mother of four who is a fan of Court TV has been elected forewoman of the jury."

HA. Exponentially Ha. Anyway, this is the legal system today, nay, the jury system. They clearly couldn't be more uncertain about what the hell is going on if they need a freaking law dictionary and they have a Court TV fan as a foreperson, but lets let them chug along... BUT this is the system that Americans entrust justice to and we probably shouldn't mess with that right? I am not sure...for lack of corruption purposes, and to keep the system as "innocent", I say yes, leave it as it is, but on the other hand, the dumbing down of Americans makes me think that its nearly impossible for any lawyer to present a case with an ounce of legal standing without the jury getting confused or just completely sidetracked...I am saying this and I work for a Plaintiff's firm, where the jury system is held to a standard above God, I swear, but this story today? Too funny and too on point when it comes to "average Americans." They prefer their cable TV, their barka loungers, their fast food, and their guns and their religion. I say this is most of America becuase over 50% voted for Bush the second time around...second time around. Key issue here. These are the American Voters. These are the American jurors, or the majority therof.

I don't know, this doesn't even make sense right now - I am just sorta half angry half amused at this story today. End.

Archives