« Home | I really haven't calmed down all that much since I... » | The"I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It A... » | I have developed a habit of crafting these almost ... » | I love learning this type of crap.From Ochef.com ... » | Lets Go Catch Snakes:R: I was wonderingR: would yo... » | There is something alarming about experiencing som... » | What do you want me to bring you from London? I le... » | My new favorite band::The Pig WarMinus The Bear...... » | No one can/wants to go see Spitalfield with me on ... » | belly911. That is an actual website for a study wi... »

The "Post Migraney " Entry
Date: 10 March 2006
Climate: Not warm enough for me
Eating: --
Drinking: tea
Feeling: tired and headachy
Listening to: saeglopur - sigur ros
Watching: the OC, well, last night
Reading: latest issue of W with freaking Jessica Simpson on the cover.

I think that an addiction is classified when an individual feels a need, overwhelmingly, to do something that they absolutely do not need to do but confuse their irrational wanting with needing. I have concluded this is the current syndrome I have with the OC. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the first season - for reasons that everyone loves things that are new and fresh - it cannot be too redundant just yet, its humor and writing always seems invigorating and the characters are still being developed, and on and on. This is the OC of days gone by. The OC of our current days is just so annoying I still don't know why I watch. Case in point, Marissa. Lordy does this character bother me - forever "troubled," forever "borderline suicide," and forever toad - faced (that last part is Eduardo's observation of her - that she looks like a toad). She is so incredibly thin that her face does appear a little toady but moreso its the facial expressions she carries during the show - she's so moody and just lacking any comic timing or ability that when she tries, its just flat out uncomfortable for everyone watching, and I can't imagine how she feels acting that way.

Moving onto Ryan, well, he's incredibly aggravating too - always "saving" some idiot girl, always "reflecting" on his "prison dad" and his "drunk and runaway mom" and of course, we will never forget Trey, who tried to like rape Marissa and then got shot and then survived and like boarded a Greyhound for who knows where. Its so inevitable that all these characters that are introduced and placed back out into the non OC world, just so that they can come back and stir up more drama (hello Theresa, with "Ryans Baby," whos life is back in Chino; and of course Lindsay who like went to Chicago...? And Trey. And my personal favorite, Anna, who they had move back to Pittsburgh - "the Chino of the East Coast.").

My two favorite chacters have always been Seth and Summer and they're still like one trick pony's, who bring the "awkward but intelligent, comforting but ditzy, funny but not insensitive" emotions to the show. This show needs to take Ryan and Marissa and dump them somewhere else, leaving the stage lit with just Summer and Seth.
ALSO last night they had a music repeat. What the hell? Thats like one of the main reasons I watch the OC, for the emo music that just makes the overdramatic dialogue even more amazing to watch. Last night, again as the show faded out, Youth Group's remake of Forever Young played, you know, as Ryan fell in love with Sadie (who I also cannot stand, seriously, this girl cannot act! Sure, 13 was a great movie, and she cowrote it so thats admirable but as this character who she defined in the interview as similar to Natalie Portman's character Sam in Garden State couldn't be further from the truth). The OC is really starting to fail me. Yet I watch obsessively.

I guarantee that I will watch this whole season and probably get unnecessarily caught up in the drama and intruige that only a FOX sitcome can do...but will I buy this season once it debuts in its like 10 pack DVD set with "bonus extras?" (that phrase couldn't be more redundant but I hear it EVERYWHERE when movies and tv shows come out on DVD and it pisses me off). I don't think I will purchase it unless something happens...amazing, like we find out Marissa is really a man or something.

In other news, I did my physical therapy this week for my neck/headache issues which are truly becoming disabling. I realized, while discussing my history with Denise, my skinny blond and 40ish physical therapist, that I was in a car accident in high school and never saw a doctor. Its probably just soft tissue damage that would be invisible on any type of film, but at least now I have a more detailed idea as to why I have this pain other than just "how I sit at work and while studying," because that just didn't make any sense.

Countdown to departure to the UK is a week - the weather there is is rainy and 50ish, totally London Fog I swear, but you know, its getting away from Chicago for a week and that is something I am so excited about that I need to limit the amount of time I think about it, each day, or otherwise this week will feel like forever. I have also decided that my next trip stateside will be to California to stay at the Chateau Marmont. My one trip to California hypnotized me into wanting to move there and finally -FINALLY- Eduardo has agreed that he'd move back to California since, upon my law school graduation and his undergraduate graduation (which will be about 1.5 years apart), he will go to grad school to pursue some sort of neurophilosophy program which is dominant in California. :) The Chateau Marmont seems to be nearly impossible to get into but if I plan one year in advance, I hope I'd be able to get like one night on a freaking Tuesday.

Archives