« Home | UK All The Way.Expect a long post upon my arrival ... » | "When I first invited George Clooney to blog after... » | The "Pretty Fly" EntryDate: 14 March 2006Climate: ... » | » | The "Post Migraney " EntryDate: 10 March 2006Clima... » | I really haven't calmed down all that much since I... » | The"I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It A... » | I have developed a habit of crafting these almost ... » | I love learning this type of crap.From Ochef.com ... » | Lets Go Catch Snakes:R: I was wonderingR: would yo... »

The "Magna Carta: 1, Cherie and Eduardo: 0 " Entry
Date: 27 March 2006
Climate: British.
Eating: Pretzel rods with peanut butter
Drinking: water
Feeling: tired.
Listening to: Everytime We Say Goodbye; Ella Fitzgerald Best Of Series
Watching: Big Love.
Reading: Chicago Tribune

Alas, I have returned to the States, equipped with marshmallow kabobs from Harrods (clearly for myself as I apparently have the palette of a five year old, at 2 pounds, 25 pence/each), about a dozen crunchie bars (six for me, six for Julie, price varied per vendor), one tin of loose leaf tea from Harrods for Lindsay J. (About 10 pounds, but the tin makes it worth it), Harrods coffee and chocolates for my parents (totalling about 15 pounds), and a bag of flying saucer candy for my brother (25 pence at Portobello Market), an amazing jacket I found after an hour of digging around at TopShop (55 pounds, the priciest item bought for myself by far), and finally, a gorgeous shirt dress I found at Zara's in Birmingham (35 pounds, total steal). I should mention that the British pound completely kicks the US dollar's ass - for every dollar, you get 50 pounds. Sucked and I felt poor but able to, clearly, eat well for the duration of my trip...always the first goal really.

I am understandably completely swamped at work and will write longer more detailed and hopefully more humerous entry later tonight...which will be posted soon, as well as a some pictures.

ps_ the entry title refers to the not one but two institutions Eduardo and I searched to find the elusive Magna Carta...it however is not being displayed until the 19th of April at the British Library. Drats, although, a reason to go back, one reason among many.

pps_ V for Vendetta was freaking amazing - although edited from the book, good in its own right, minus the wavering British accent that Natalie Portman showcased.

Archives