« Home | Some more PHOTOS from LONDON » | » | » | Day Three: Eduardo and I awoke realizing that this... » | I haven't been following the immigration debate in... » | Day Two:Eduardo and I slept until about eleven o'c... » | I can't believe i haven't blogged about this soone... » | Day One:Eduardo and I arrived in the UK after what... » | i adore this actress. » | The "Magna Carta: 1, Cherie and Eduardo: 0 " Entry... »

This guy lived in my building. I never knew who he was but whenever something like this happens, it really makes me wonder just what could push someone to this point in their life.

Man dies in fall on Near North Side
April 5, 2006
FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS


A 20-year-old man fell to his death early Wednesday after he jumped from the 16th floor of a Near North Side apartment building in an apparent suicide, police said.

Steven Kennedy, of the 1100 block of North La Salle Street, was pronounced dead at 2:55 a.m. at the Stein Institute, according to a Cook County Medical Examiner's office spokesman.

The man jumped from the 16th floor of the building at the North La Salle Street address about 1 a.m., according to police News Affairs Officer David Banks, citing a preliminary report.

The man was found lying in the courtyard of the apartment building, where he was a resident of the 16th floor, said a doorman of the building, reached by phone.

According to the doorman, who asked not to be named, the man was a "nice, friendly guy," and lived alone.

The man was dead on the scene, according to Banks.

Archives