« Home | I can't believe i haven't blogged about this soone... » | Day One:Eduardo and I arrived in the UK after what... » | i adore this actress. » | The "Magna Carta: 1, Cherie and Eduardo: 0 " Entry... » | UK All The Way.Expect a long post upon my arrival ... » | "When I first invited George Clooney to blog after... » | The "Pretty Fly" EntryDate: 14 March 2006Climate: ... » | » | The "Post Migraney " EntryDate: 10 March 2006Clima... » | I really haven't calmed down all that much since I... »

Day Two:

Eduardo and I slept until about eleven o'clock, UK time. It was amazing how good that night of sleep felt. We met his friend Mattias over by the London Bridge (although at this point I am not 100% certain that was the bridge we were at since later on it was argued that it was/wasn't the London Bridge...)? Anyway. We got pictures. This actually was the second day of the dinosaur photos...I brought two toy dinosaurs with me, small enough to fit in my hand. Pesos is the latest addition -one of my birthday gifts from Eduardo. He's green and eery feeling - sorta fleshy. I love him though. Then there's Little Foot (I just named him that, he was just the "other dino" up until this point). Little Foot is a small plush who was given to me the day of the LSAT by Jliz - he has one little foot which is shorter than all the others, so when you stand him up, he appears to be walking. I love it. I brought them overseas with me and took photos of them alone by London landmarks...and that day, it was London bridge (maybe...?). The weather was amazing that day - as it was the day we arrived - sunny and breezy and not as cold as Chicago...I had thought London would be all fog and rain and what not but most of the days were quite pleasant - so we walked around, and I took some photos of the traditional London phone booths. After we took the underground to Spitalfield Market - which was really nice - a little less vintage than I had thought but other than that, it was a blast. So many vendors and I was surprised at how the quality of the goods was higher than, say, most flea markets here in the States (well at least that i have been to anyway). Yet by then it was getting late (since again, we slept until 11) and clouded over, so we stopped at Oxford Street and then over to Leicester Square where we proceeded to then have the dirtiest meal I have ever paid for in...China Town. I haven't been to any China Towns in the US but all I have to say is "Bird Flu." I swear, if people wonder where it's hiding, its in the China Towns across the world. Poultry just HUNG by their necks, like half dead, in these like "restaurants." Yuck. I suffered through a plate of noodles which were made with, no doubt, something meat related, on behalf of Eduardo's friend Jan who I didn't wish to offend with my otherwise normal, blatant, "no f-ing way am I eating here" demeanor. He was playing host and I didn't want to be rude...plus he was like enjoying it, an emotion neither Eduardo or I shared. So you can imagine our surprise when we left China Town and went back to the Chelsea area and found...a grocery store!! No joke. I bought microwavable rice with spring onions and chocolate topped cupcakes - Eduardo was enamored by the Jaffa cake, cookie shaped orange flavored cakes, also covered in chocolate. He loved them. I think I even remember him walking up at 2am and hearing the rustling of the Jaffa cake wrappers, and then found the package half eaten on his bedside table the next morning. ...Santa?

I suppose that, really, none of the days in which I was in London involved that much, but it was really great to just hang around London without agenda - it made me feel more like a resident and less of a tourist; no rush, no itinerary.

Archives