« Home | forget about your last goodbye's and you'll be sor... » | WHAT A WASTERNo one ever said they didn't fight di... » | SHUT UP GEORGE CLOONEY I don't know why I bother w... » | BABY R.I.P.My dog died after 16 years of being wit... » | evidently its totally hot. I know I blogged about ... » | must be a Kill Hannah show coming or something I g... » | cutcutcut I'm a little dismayed. I had thought PRO... » | "If you want to know what I find attractive, take ... » | I am so incredibly overwhelmed with school that I ... » | Paperweight by Schuyler Fisk Jo... »

I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

I saw the Departed yesterday - it was way too long, like 45 minutes too long. 2.5 hours is quite a stretch, even when I'm staring at the relatively good looking faces of Nicholson, DiCaprio, Damen and...well, some woman who looked like she was from Eastern Europe. The movie was good - better and worse than I thought - better in the sense that I thought there would be more violence, worse than I thought in that I could sorta predict what was going to happen and (STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WISH TO RUIN THE END OF THE MOVIE) to be honest, I had this feeling that DiCaprio was going to die be/c there was no where else for him to go - like, how do you tie up that storyline when he is essentially a) family - less b) mentally f-ed up c) frantic and neurotic for the last 30 minutes of the movie...just doesn't transfer well to, say, living the "good life" somewhere else. It wasn't as clear to me if Damen would live or die - it would have been more of a sticker to have him keep living, alone, successful in being horrible, but then again, bringing back Dignam to finish him off was a great way to end it - and also, it was obvious they were going to bring him back - his character was way, way too intense to just lay low when the plot finally began to move. Nicholson was great - totally perfectly neurotic, old and crazy and just...not a nice guy in any way - if anyone felt a smudge of sympathy for him I don't know where they derived that from. He wasn't pure evil he was just gross and ugly and who can feel bad for that? His heavies were amusing, partly be/c two had thick Irish accents - love the accents. Alec Baldwin was funny too - very fitting, he seems to always play these like, mid management, sort of hating life but reveling in the small amount of power they have characters. Anyway. Good flick altogether.

I just finished all my property work for the week so I can focus exclusively on Contracts - my Torts stuff is already done. I am so nervous for this midterm that I just want to clear the week to focus exclusively on that damn exam. I am freaking out - I really hope these concept start to come together as I study more but its tough to say what will happen at 8am on Friday morning. All I can say is that after 950, I will feel much, much better. Esps be/c I need to then finish my second memo which is due on that Tuesday. Goddamn this schedule sucks. Its not going to get better until I am done with finals. I have already resigned myself to that. Thanksgiving is going to suck be/c I will absolutely not be able to enjoy myself at home.

In other news Eduardo and I are this close to booking our flights and hotel for Spain - I can't wait to spend the new year overseas* We're departing on the 27th and returning on the 2nd. I really need this break. Its like the only thing keeping me going. Especially be/c when I get back, I get to take 5 classes! I don't know whats going to happen with working at the firm - I just, I am not sure if i'll have any time to give them. Sigh - too much planning ahead I guess.

Our theory with the end of this film was that they had a studio-mandated animal quota to fill and that led to a scramble to add the dog and the rat in the last minute.

Post a Comment

Archives