« Home | Date: Whatever Blogger says Climate: Turning to wi... » | I think this passage is along the same lines of my... » | As appeared in the October 24 issue of the Chicago... » | And they hired a lawyer. but she's keeping my stuf... » | its two am and I am awake, still I need more late ... » | "A five week adult education course consists of ex... » | http://onewaytrain.blogspot.com we're all connect... » | Pump #11 at the suburban road ranger station can k... » | Tomorrow begins my day of an official WBEZ pledge ... » | I set up a message board. Its linked under Forum. ... »

"THE ANNOYING GAP BETWEEN THEORY AND PRACTICE"

November 7 2003
Climate: cold, colder...
Drinking: lots of herbal teas
Eating: nothing
Feeling: Sartre
Listening to: Marketplace turn into This American Life
Watching: the clock go by
Reading: "My profile" (so personal) via Kaplan online services, and The Bell Jar- again.

I have been volunteering at WBEZ for the last three weeks. I even applied for a data entry position
But I really don't feel qualified, and they would be silly to hire me, but I try to apply for one job a day so this was the job, today.
And yet, still relatively unemployed.
But my point is, yesterday as I was standing in the little lobby area, the elevator opened, and, well, there he was. He walked out wearing like a plaid scarf and he was holding some soup.

And he smiled.
And said "hi"
I think he was personally kinda smitten with me*
Or so I think at times to keep me going...

Oh Ira Glass, it was like a dream come true.
He's quite fetching...my breath like caught in my throat, no joke!
I have never gotten this way with a random celebrity, but I mean, its Ira Glass.
And thats something that, whereas other girls my age may enjoy the Colin Farrells or the Brad Pitts or the Johnny Depps, I go for the nerdy forty something radio heads...
Hes bigger in person, but thats just the whole radio=deceit=little voice thing again.

It, its//its pathetic.

More anon.

Archives