« Home | Date: 11/11, make a wish Climate: Indian Summer Dr... » | I sent Ryan at Pitchfork a correction letter. Her... » | "JUST FRIENDS...just friends, you know you are in ... » | oh yeah. my finger is still split. damnit. the E... » | "THE ANNOYING GAP BETWEEN THEORY AND PRACTICE" No... » | Date: Whatever Blogger says Climate: Turning to wi... » | I think this passage is along the same lines of my... » | As appeared in the October 24 issue of the Chicago... » | And they hired a lawyer. but she's keeping my stuf... » | its two am and I am awake, still I need more late ... »

Date: 11.17
Climate: oddly warm
Drinking: water
Eating: nothing
Feeling: lethargy
Listening to: my boyfriend's snoring
Me: "Eddie. You're too loud. Snoring." (punches pillow at four am)
Him: Suddenly alert..."I don't snore. I breathe heavily. Its true." (Promptly falls asleep)
Watching: My weight drop
Reading: want ads and discharge papers.

After two days in the hospital and three ER visits, I am back home.
I feel horrible.
I have a staff infection throughout my entire body. Except they don't know where to locate it. So I just keep taking the drugs that make me dizzy, have a fever off and on, and a raging head/neck ache that, accompanying my nausea and vomiting, makes me feel like I have contracted the plague or west nile or something, maybe both.... Either way, my blood cultures are coming back positive...not good, especially since, due to the incredibly small size of my veins (no joke) I got stuck with a needle for ONE I V line eight, yes, eight times. My hands and arms look as though I suddenly developed a heroin addiction. They're all bruised.

Due to the fact that I have missed two LSAT classes, and that the medication that I have to take to flush this thing out makes me dizzy and disoriented, hence concentration is like a joke, I am not at all prepared for this exam which is like two weeks away. And you can't just take it and then take it again...they average the score.
So...
Law school has been put on hold for another year. I cried and moped about. Tried to figure out the "why's" of it all.
But its maddening and the whole, "just accept it and use it as an advantage and not a disadvantage" theme song is running through my conscious.
Its really sad though.
What the fuck am I going to do for a year.
hello internships? I just don't know...

I am flying home next week, for Thanksgiving and to take care of my mother who has yet another surgery on December third.

Great. More health news to come...at least I am not contagious. And it was nice to have someone take care of me for once...two people really...and more positive bullshit to try to outweight the overcoming negativity....eh, i'm trying.


Archives