« Home | oh yeah. my finger is still split. damnit. the E... » | "THE ANNOYING GAP BETWEEN THEORY AND PRACTICE" No... » | Date: Whatever Blogger says Climate: Turning to wi... » | I think this passage is along the same lines of my... » | As appeared in the October 24 issue of the Chicago... » | And they hired a lawyer. but she's keeping my stuf... » | its two am and I am awake, still I need more late ... » | "A five week adult education course consists of ex... » | http://onewaytrain.blogspot.com we're all connect... » | Pump #11 at the suburban road ranger station can k... »

"JUST FRIENDS...just friends, you know you are in trouble when the word 'just' appears in front of the word friends...cause automatically it implies a negotiation is happening, friends is like a state of being, theres a row, there are houses, people are friends, and you put just in front of it and it suggests the inbalance..."
You know why I wrote that.



Date: the day after that post on the bottom (I really don't know)
Climate: starting to snow
Drinking: more tea
Eating: my bottom lip, chewing thoughtfully rather
Feeling: Plath (getting better)
Listening to: Kill Hannah, the song///better than their new stuff, i'll agree with this--
Watching: cars drive by
Reading: more bookclub: White Noise by Delillo

A new day...
my scores on my practice LSATS as administered by Kaplan are going up...

Other than that, today was a good day...finished writing the Kill Hannah piece and am sending it to editors later on this week:
Went down to Michigan avenue to study, ran into a guy I know from like a lifetime ago, Chicago is such a small city...
But other than that, the snow is beginning to fall lightly...soon it will cover the place. Still getting over my illness and hospitalization earlier this week, a little shaken but not too stirred.

I'm just listening to TAL on the web and remembering that, well, Ira Glass smiled at me such a short while ago...
And that, people, that is what keeps me going. He's over forty.
I'm twentytwo--in like three years he's going to be fifty and i'll still just be twenty five...as I explained it to Jewlie, its like two quarters (him) and you take one away (me) and that, well, why is that the best imagery for me to see how wrong my fascination is?

so sad yet so true.

"holding a certain emotional distance...and thats the thing that gets to you, its not the big picture, the no we're not togehter, no we have no future togehter, its the little picture, the you won't meet my eyes anymore...and who, who has not played both parts, in this drama? Who hasn' t been the person in this picture at one point or another? "

Archives