« Home | The" fuck " Entry Date: May 7 Climate: brisk! Eat... » | The" Born " Entry Date: May 6 Climate: SUMMER SUMM... » | From VICE the best magazine, Ever. And the winne... » | Pride can get a bad rap. White pride isn't very p... » | The "Declaration of Faith" Entry Okay so, I suppo... » | The" cinco de mayo " Entry Date: refer to above Cl... » | The" vomit " Entry Date: 5.4.04 Climate: cold. Ea... » | Jliz Reminded Me: Free Cone Day at Baskin Robbins... » | The" Pita " Entry Date: 4.28/04 Climate: cold! I h... » | The" Future " Entry Date: 4.26/04 Climate: It was... »

The" Bank One Blows " Entry
Date: May 11, 2004
Climate: feels like april, yet its May
Eating: --
Drinking: Hot cocoa
Feeling: lapsed
Listening to: Wicked Game-Chris Isaak
Watching: --
Reading: more of The Fabulist

I hate my bank.
They CHARGE for me to use THEIR ATM's to view my account activity. One freaking buck for each time.
I thought that only applied to when I was at, say, a Citibank or something.
I need to close this account and open one somewhere else--maybe Charter one. The trick is finding a bank that is both in Chicago and in Detroit. Bank one sorta is that only option.
I thought I spied a Washington Mutual but it was just a home loan store. Damnit!
Yesterday I went to a luncheon for the Cover the UnInsured Week. It was lame-o. The only interesting parts were the pharmacist/lawyer who spoke very kindly about mounting costs of prescription drugs, and the people who go bankrupt be/c they charge their prescriptions to credit cards, and can't pay them off.
The other was this rather energetic doctor from Ohio who I pieced together to be very wealthy, seeing as he lives next door to a CEO of a major chain of nursing homes. Apparently their kids play soccer together after coming home from Ohio Rich Fucks Day school or something. He even admitted to getting a like 10,000 tax cut or something, he claimed of course to "not need a penny of it and neither did my neighbor."
Ah.
You have to hand it to the rich for at least attempting to be cavalier about their wealth, and then devoting their time off to travel around, giving what I must say was a very comprehensive power point presentation re: the universal health care need and what not.
But the food was crap (it always is) and I ended up in my car for most of the day. At least traffic in Detroit adheres itself to being able to drive in and out of the city without any regard to traffic, basically because there isn't any.

Eddie is coming to visit this weekend. I am elated, to say the least. Apparently part of my birthday gift came yesterday and he was ecstatic. I can't wait for the 29--since I found out that we are all getting the day before memorial day weekend off--so for the celebration of my 23, I'll get a three day weekend from my boss. How sweet.
I told him I was shopping around for jobs that pay more or were closer to home (either one) and he at first took it very well--then as the day wore on and he kept loading stuff on me, he turned and said half jokingly--"You can't leave...you just can't! I...i'll give you a bad recommendation."
He was sorta laughing. Sorta. Its rather premature, I may not even get another job and be stuck here. Its all in the dollar signs really. I do twice if not three times as much work and get paid half. Pay equity is a big deal, so maybe thats my Republican streak.


Archives