« Home | It may be just 2006 and the World Cup is...over, b... » | Its really hard to be happy nowadays.What is happe... » | Shoulda Voted Claypool "The ward bosses are treati... » | The "Work has become Blistering " EntryDate:17 Jul... » | The "lazy Sunday " EntryDate: 16 July 2006Climate:... » | I was POSTED ON NPR.ORGThe true allure of this eve... » | THE BEST PART IS THE MUSIC » | The Head Butt Seen 'Round The WorldIts official: I... » | I am afraid I am going through withdrawal. » | PANDA TIME »

The "I am a male model, not a male prostitute " Entry
Date: 21 of July...
Climate: Suddenly, not hotter than hell
Eating: Laffy Taffy. Not Julie's though.
Drinking: H2O
Feeling: One month till law school, what do you say?
Listening to: Herp Alpert's Tijuana Brass Whipped Cream and Other Delights
Watching: You Tube video miscellany
Reading: Westlaw research results


Well Well Well. Its the end of another illustrious week at the law firm. I successfully placed terror in their eyes when mentioning my malaria pill intake for the upcoming trip to Guatemala (or as Julie says :Huatamala, HABLAMOS). That was fun. Other than that, i'm really annoyed at all the press this stupid head butt thing has generated. My latest comment on the matter:

How can such an international and practiced sport tolerate the dramatic and exaggerated "falls" that players suffer throughout the game -? Perhaps Materazzi shouldn't be penalized for just the words he spoke, as much as FIFA should be making a gesture about the "prat falls" that so many players perfect during their career. Post head butt, Materazzi went down like he'd been shot and then laid there, writhing. Come on. True, whatever Materazzi said to Zidane did not justify any sort of physical harm, but questioning why Zidane received special treatment is just plain silly, for a number of inarguable reasons: he's a legendary player; the actual words were never released (leaving us to our imaginary devices, always much worse); and it was, as some readers have said, almost like watching a God fall from grace...a good reminder that footballers aren't gods and that they shouldn't be treated like one, but also affirming that when they err, expect a drama to unfold of catastrophic proportions.

Eduardo says that they don't teach that type of drastic fall in US soccer but when he played in Mexico that they did. Sure there are benefits but maybe I am just too much of an American and I really loathe that aspect of the game. So now that FIFA has ruled, perhaps there will be some silence on the media's end about this drama.

I am trying to decide if $90 tix to see the Chelsea v MLS All star game will be worth it - Eduardo doubts they'll bring the full first team to play and thats the only reason i'd like to go - to see Euro players game on US soil. Also, when I was walking home last night I was verbally harassed again - this time the man asked me why I looked so sad and that I was a f-ing super model.

I still am fuzzy on what those that harass expect me to say/do in that situation. Jump for joy? Ask if they want me to do a runway walk? Have sex with them? I think its the latter. I used to like swear and stuff back at them (and I still do when I am not "sad") but last night I was just too freaking tired to deal with this guy's neurosis. Next time though, i'll fire back. And then some. I am sick of the "women are passive/men are aggressive" stereotype.

BTW: While looking online at various football sites, I came across some phenomenon in the UK about WAGS - acronym Women and Girlfriend's of Footballers (i think, the Footballers part isn't an official joinder of the acronym). Its crazy. Posh Spice is totes the Queen Bee...from what i have read she's so diabolical in her media image - like, the day after Beckham scored the free kick that appeared impossible, she strategically wore some sort of provocative outfit be/c she knew she'd be fotographed - crazy and exhausting to plan your life around the flashbulbs. I guess the US isn't the only country uber obsessed avec celebretantes.

Archives