« Home | What do you get if you google...Barack Obama? Lol.... » | Dear Nina, Heidi, Michael and ...whoever you are G... » | I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I wa... » | forget about your last goodbye's and you'll be sor... » | WHAT A WASTERNo one ever said they didn't fight di... » | SHUT UP GEORGE CLOONEY I don't know why I bother w... » | BABY R.I.P.My dog died after 16 years of being wit... » | evidently its totally hot. I know I blogged about ... » | must be a Kill Hannah show coming or something I g... » | cutcutcut I'm a little dismayed. I had thought PRO... »

Agitated? Why not.
I know I have blogged about celebrities that really bother me (read: George Clooney) but the wrath I feel has suddenly been moved from the "ultimate man" or whatever title he has now, to...Jared Leto.

Now, I will be honest and tell you that when I was like 15 and MySoCalledLife was on ABC (unreal, right?) I would watch that show and I specifically remember one episode (two if you count the Angel christmas episode be/c I really hated the actress who played the Angel), which I fondly refer to as the BoilerRoom episode. Or thats what Lena and I referred to it as when we became friends. Anyway, the turning point of that episode is Jordan Catalano and his like...minimal words but still so alluring demeanor. Jordan Catalano was played by Jared Leto. That was the first and last thing Leto did before becoming obsessed with the following: drugs, art school, and like, well, the movie the Shining...oh and music that sounds like The Cure meets My Chemical Romance meets New Order.

I read today on a blog (yes Leto a blog, those online journals that you loath) about how he somehow got in an argument with Elijah Wood. What the ? A - Elijah Wood like Lord of the Rings Elijah Wood? I never saw it so...anyway. But moreover, who gets in a fight with Elijah Wood? And the strangest part of this alleged incident is that it all started with whispering. And then Elijah says something outside of Leto and then Leto comes back. Now, the reason I must write about this is be/c evidently Elijah was trashing - surprise surprise - his band, 30 seconds to mars (bury me! bury me!).

COME ON.

When you're in a band that is imitating basically everything gothic and glam from the 80s and 90s and trying to pass it off as original by taking everything way too f-ing seriously, what do you expect? I understand that you were in that movie that was "critically acclaimed" (and loved by every drug addict and wanna be drug addict around), Requiem for a Dream. And that scene where your arm is like bruised and seeping out was...memorable but playing a drug addict is really, really, done (sort.of.like.your.band's.sound).

I saw the video for that single that requires you to wear a tuxedo and guess what? I saw the Shining too so hats off for ripping off someone else's art as your own.

I should remember that your criticism of blogs is...well, unique. I'd expect you to hate like, the straight edge movement, or the emo kids or the like...paparazzi. But blogs? Very smooth.

There are a few things that are confusing for me in your "hating of the blogs." Is it that you at first thought that they actually were the news? So when you read something on a blog like, The World Is Ending Tomorrow or Lindsay Lohan is not anorexic, did you believe it and act accordingly? Its natural for someone to lash out at what has fooled them, but this is a bit much. I suspect (just by inference) that you hate blogs be/c they, like Elijah Wood, probably trashed your band too and as far as I can tell, be/c Blogs are based around individual opinions, some of which include criticizing your "musical artistic merit" it follows that all blogs must be grouped together, under the guise of like...talking about how no one "writes, really writes" anymore, or be/c the news is no longer the news but just long winded editorials backed by big corporations. Who knows.

I know that Jared Leto can read be/c he went to art school, and I am not going to out and out say that art school teaches you nothing about how the world really functions (besides validating either a) the wealthy and idle who took the road less traveled from their Yale counterparts or b) the "art is life" mentality of people who are largely in...bands or...want to be). Okay I just did say it; I know of a few art schools and what they teach and as much as learning about the history of art is valuable, or practicing interpretive dance all day is therapeutic, or just chain smoking, applying eyeliner, and not eating can be fun, its not really...real. Real in the way that people hate to admit is what really makes the world function - living off wine and talking about modern art or classical music as it relates to the shape of public transit is interesting but not really realistic.

Thus, as many bloggers write about things not including the above curriculum, I can see why Leto hates them. Its hard to read about something you don't understand. I mean, if he's really that arrogant (and I really think he is, and if not, after this like I shot Lennon movie he's in, he will be even more bloatedly arrogant), I can see how he would hate bloggers who have a scary ability to say whatever they want, on the internet...and you'd think this would be something that Leto would like, that whole first amendment - freedom of speech thing. I could be wrong, maybe he's one of those "I vote third party" idiots (and hey, I was one when I was 18-19 years old but come on, its a two party system get with the f-ing program and vote properly or else we'll have this shithold of an administration for another four years).

Archives