« Home | Dear Nina, Heidi, Michael and ...whoever you are G... » | I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I wa... » | forget about your last goodbye's and you'll be sor... » | WHAT A WASTERNo one ever said they didn't fight di... » | SHUT UP GEORGE CLOONEY I don't know why I bother w... » | BABY R.I.P.My dog died after 16 years of being wit... » | evidently its totally hot. I know I blogged about ... » | must be a Kill Hannah show coming or something I g... » | cutcutcut I'm a little dismayed. I had thought PRO... » | "If you want to know what I find attractive, take ... »

What do you get if you google...Barack Obama?


Lol...amazingly enough, you don't get the "antichrist" listing that Wonkette reported earlier this week but I sure wish you did - don't get me wrong, Obama is (still) fine by me but the story they published was priceless. If you don't read Wonkette, start now, it makes you smile and laugh at the dismal state of our democracy* Also, using google in my entry was an important aspect as I saw that clip of President Bush calling it "the Google." I loved that, it totally showed his age (hello mom and dad). Good stuff in a dark time. I honestly don't have a personal problem with the President - his administration (a.k.a. the "president") is problematic for me, as are their primary base of voters (read: Christian right/evangelists), but Bush himself, well, come on. I was taught not to discriminate against the mentally challenged and I was really happy the Republicans actually fulfilled their promise to provide equal opportunities for jobs and growth under the US Constitution. Bush was the biggest victory? No, thats mean, i'm sorry...Bush is just, sort of...simple. I just fail to see how, when I see him on these interviews or read about what he says, how he can make any decision without the puppetmasters behind him. I really should be angry about this but i'm not. Call it complacency or apathy or just...reality. Meh. Big election coming up, part of me is excited another just...meh. I always vote - mid term, big term, whatever. Turning 18 was huge for me, as you can imagine. Working on the campaign was a committment to that "democracy is the best!" sentiment but nowadays...well, lets be honest, seeing how bills really become laws vis a vis law school has been really depressing. In fact, most of the legal system (which does include the government via statutes and "public policy") has become sort of a dry, hopeless vat of lost ideals. I read another case about a civil case surrounding a rape and was so upset I threw the book down and cleaned my bathroom top to bottom. I just hate how the legal system must protect "justice" and "fairness" even in the face of an unfair and unjust situation - thats law, thats growing up, whatever but its not encouraging. Its those sexual assault cases that always get me. I sure hope we don't talk about that in torts tomorrow be/c I may have to break my "not going to freak out in class like other people do" rule. Just that once. For a good cause. And be/c my head might blow up if I don't and have to listen to a few certain individuals talk about how thats a "good" thing - no one should think its "good." It should be read and understood and accepted but not acclaimed. See, im getting irritated again.

Today was a weird day in light of the funhouse of body temperatures that I go through all day (thank you sophomore year medical problems which messed around with my hot and cold temperature readings for, like, ever). I was doing some final research for my memo today before LS and was sitting on a couch in direct shot of sunlight (can you imagine?)...I just, I really need that Vitamin D(?) to boost the seratonin that has fallen dramatically since September. Anyway, be/c of this, my variety of body temps was accellerated and I really started to sweat. The worst part is that normally I am not self-conscious (well, as much as one can avoid when sweating to the point that its dripping down the back of your neck) when I start to sweat like that but there was this guy sitting far enough away to possibly NOT notice the sweat or possibly close enough to, like, smell it?And no one else was around to distract. I didn't want to leave be/c I appreciated the sun and the proximity to my classroom but at the same rate, I was actually embarassed. He wasn't even noticing, but nowadays when I become the least bit self conscious, I begin to blush which - surprise - causes me to sweat even.more. Great. Whatever, this is the same kid I heard say during orientation (memory like an elephant I swear) something like "if you're not in my section, peace" - that is precisely when I started to hate school, turly, it was just like a wake up call that this isn't a place to meet or make friends, even if you just want a friend and not like, a date (which is the precise opposite, really, I can tell some people think that this is like an advanced singles scene and I hate it....) but it just felt like this whole process was so section oriented. Whatever, we're all doing the same material. I just thought that what he said was mean and I remembered it, oh yes. He's probably not friendless and alone as I would secretly wish for a comment like that (Its ORIENTATION, the goal is to make friends Cross Section) but still, I felt uncomfortable be/c I recognized this kid from a mean comment earlier and then started to think, hmm, i wonder if he can see/smell me sweat and if so, is he thinking something mean about me, personally? God, I never was like this but as school has progressed, I have gotten meaner so thus, everyone else has as well. Actually, before that thought, at first it was like, "is he in my section?..."no shit, I think that of nearly everyone that looks familiar BECAUSE for the first like two weeks I would sit with this kid that I was SURE was in my section and then one day, as I am taling to him, this other kid sits down and they start talking about classes and SURPRISE the kid is in a completely different section than me. I felt SO STUPID and I blushed and got up and left...like right then. Now whenever I see that kid, I think of that, and feel really stupid. I feel that way a lot. Seriously how did I not know that. Maybe he looks like someone in my section? I am not normally this idiotic but now, i'm gun shy.

Anyway. After sweating buckets I had class and like, yet another library tour?...yeah, my prof is so obsessed with the library its crazy. He's like an advertisement for the value of books - BOUND and PAGINATED, hardcore. I seriously haven't ever seen someone this juiced up about the library in my entire life. Its amusing. I envision his whole apartment as wall to wall books, all leather bound, all expertly archived, all specifically annotated and indexed. Crazy.

Alright, its midnight, tomorrow its fun times at the office and then torts. I cannot wait. Oh and if I thought this schedule sucks, was I wrong be/c - next semester, some sadomasochist decided to schedule 4 of our 5 classes all on Thursday. No joke, four in a row. Is that even legal? Seriously why does my section get all the shitty planning? I have no idea what will happen to me next semester. I just...thinking about tha tnow makes me want to sort of throw up? Yeah. Hopefully not since my bathroom is so spotless.

Archives