« Home | Agitated? Why not. I know I have blogged about cel... » | What do you get if you google...Barack Obama? Lol.... » | Dear Nina, Heidi, Michael and ...whoever you are G... » | I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I wa... » | forget about your last goodbye's and you'll be sor... » | WHAT A WASTERNo one ever said they didn't fight di... » | SHUT UP GEORGE CLOONEY I don't know why I bother w... » | BABY R.I.P.My dog died after 16 years of being wit... » | evidently its totally hot. I know I blogged about ... » | must be a Kill Hannah show coming or something I g... »

Sometimes I don't repost what i post on my myspace blog. So here's the like four recent posts: Enjoy!

------

There are the +'s and the -'s...


To where I live. Its nice to live close to school and to work. Its not so nice to live close to Rush street.

During the summer it gets worse. I don't know who is the decision maker of the "we like to go out to lame ass bars where the girls and guys all look the same and all have the same objective: to look hot and to get some" crowd but they really make some stringent guidelines.

Evidently, the guys are allowed to only wear the following and bring the following when going out:

- A striped, button down shirt bought at like, Express Men or the equivalent with their friends or girlfriend that they will couple with

- Black "dress" shoes purchased at Kenneth Cole or the equivalent that slouch just right on top of their

- Jeans, identical in wash and cut to be nearly indistinguishable from the pants their "buddies" are wearing, along with the group of them swathed in

- Some sort of cologne or aftershave bought in bulk and distributed at these group meetings be/c they all smell the same: bad; and their scent is almost as annoying as their

- Meat head attitude that is always somehow being shouted at the guys in front or on their side as they additionally try to talk on their

- Black Razr Cell Phone while

-Smoking.

The Girls are allowed to only wear and bring the following when going out:

-Skin tight, flare or skinny jeans that are almost always paired with a

- A camisole - tank top - halter top, that is like a satin blend, low cut, and shows lots of clevage to make the

-Push up bra even more effective which only temporarily distracts from the

- Bad highlights and the longish layered hair cut which they swish and twirl and toss as they walk in their

- Ridiculously High, Spiked, Totally forming a Bunion Heels as they carry their

-Coach or Louis Vuitton bags WITH the emblems glaring in the headlights as they rummage around for their;

-Pink Razr Cell Phone, talking loudly and displaying too prominently their

- Forced I'm an Idiot attitude that is now a pissed off I'm an Idiot attitude be/c they just found out that they can't

-Smoke in the bar come 2008 which they think is coming this January 1.

Its amazing when you walk by the lines. Everything is so loud. And dramatic. And ridiculously fake. I personally haven't seen anyone really "hot" in those lines but then again my idea of "hot" isn't a guy in the aforementioned outfit, talking shop with "the boys." And I tend to not get along with girls who wear the aforementioned outfit either. I guess I could say that they all look like they're dressed like David or Victoria Beckham (posh n'becks!) if you need a visual...but they're not as amusing as the Beckham's be/c only they and like, Tom and KATE Cruise are that robotic and strange. These are just like bad facsimiles outside stupid bars that all smell like smoke, stale beer, and like...mating juices? Is that gross? I hope so be/c its all gross outside those places. I hate smokers. I hate people who act stupid when they really aren't. I hate how alcohol gives people a license to do stupid shit and then laugh about it and talk about it to a nauseating degree for the entire week until Thursday rolls around and they start the whole.process.again.

Thats being young? I mean, I get annoyed by straight edges too but where's the moderation? Why is being extremely drunk and shallow so desireable? I guess thats why I don't fit in or never did with people in my age group. I just, I have been drunk quite a few times and I really hated how I felt. Just stupid and fake and not really "me." I like dancing but you can't really dance without going out and when you go out its a crowd like I described above...and its not dancing its like almost sex on the dance floor and its nasty and I hate it. And then there is like, the crying at the clubs and bars among the drunks (girls and guys) and the fights and the drama and the I LOVE YOU SO MUCH crap that i just want to smack down on the pavement and step on to shut it up.

I also love it when I see people waiting to eat at Tavern on Rush, hands down the most overrated and overpopulated restaurant in Chicago. Who goes there!? The food sucks (I ate there once in college, out of ignorance) and the clientele is disgusting! Old men. Hanger ons. Yucky girls and guys. lots of Axe body spray and bad perfume...shivers.

So its nice to live downtown and near "nightlife" but as you can tell I really hate nightlife. Im 25 and i've never enjoyed it so these opinions should be NO surprise.

Okay. Rant over.



Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I hate everything.

I really think I do lately - basically nothing makes me happy anymore. Its not really happy that i feel when I am not annoyed or tired or frustrated or dismayed its just that sort of "meh" feeling that I feel...all of the time. This really has to do with law school and just sort of that light that goes off once you start something like this - investing large amounts of money into a profession that isn't wholly fulfilling. I just feel such big amounts of annoyance - people in class, people's mannerisms, people who think their comments are more important than the furthering of the class discussion. People who think that they're smarter than the professors. Yeah, so basically its like these people are a forced family that I spend way too much time with - and I like many of the people in my section and even some that do volunteer often, but there are a few who, really, anytime they open their mouths, i either feel offended or annoyed instantly.

I also feel like I am not doing so well at work which is frustrating to me...I do as much as I can when I am there but its really hard for me to not just stay longer and sacrifice time I study for work - i mean, it makes sense, i get paid and its satisfying to finish something but lately, projects just wait weeks to get done and I hate it...right, be/c I hate everything. Mentally I dream about concepts in law, and I think about it, or it just affects my demeanor - even with Eduardo, who luckily for me, is the most understanding person in the entire world - he expected me to get this way and doesn't care be/c its important that I immerse myself - but again, i feel like part of our relationship - that amount I could just focus on us or him, has diminished...for this like, study that i can't even say I am good at. I forget things often - i.e. rent on time, things that I need to just get done in a day...my keys, sentences in conversations that I am participating in...somewhat.

My favorite professor told me that this is really like a marathon and you may not see benefits of your work for years. Thats not really encouraging...Its not that I want instant gratification, is it? Thats incredibly unrealistic and immature...but its nice.

Finally, my mothers two best friends "kidnapped" her and drove her to the Babs concert last night - my mom loves Barbra. She couldn't go when she had tickets for the show in MN be/c she almost killed the new dog which is another story itself. It was nice to hear her so happy and to know that her friends care about her so much.







Tuesday, November 07, 2006

For and Run by Old People.


Its election night and I feel that excitement that I have every election night - its like better than Christmas. Voting this morning was just as frantic as I thought. No one understands those damn voting machines, and my paper ballot had me connecting an arrow to indicate who I was voting for. It took forever and then somehow I ended up "overvoting" in a category which I know is wrong be/c I read each and every direction, brought the CBA judges list, and filled in the arrows oh so precisely...over voted my ass - nothing works in this democracy I swear. I participate out of a moral obligation more than a faith in the system - and be/c its all we have. It was just great how the frenzy actualized - I read this on wonkette which seemed to sum it up the best: "In Indiana, the brand-new touch-screen voting machines are (shockingly) totally useless and confusing. Because voting is both for and run by old people, no one can even turn them on. Poll workers couldn't turn on "about half" of Marion Country's machines."

Yeah, pretty much here too. I love that the seniors get out and really mobilize (which is funny be/c they are the least mobile...haha, bad joke), but Eduardo had a great exchange with a poll worker:

Old: Name?

E: Cordon.

Old: Gordon?

E.COR-Don

Old: Oh, Cordon.

E: Yeah.

Old: Okay...Gordon.

E: No COR DON

Old: GORDON?

E: NO. CORDON...CAT!

Cat. Indeed. THe ballot contained a question re: the war in Iraq and if the troops should pull out immediately and orderly or something like that...i didn't answer - I just don't honestly know. Theres so much chaos there now, but I feel as though we went in there to remove their government, "liberate" the Iraqis, and now its just utter chaos...how many more casualties? Martial law? What would happen to the civilians? I mean I recognize they are in peace time now but...i just don't know how stable that government is, how likely it could be that another dictator could somehow come into power just for the sake of order...and then, what was the point other than to hang Saddam? Its too much for me...most of the issues around elections are too much for me. Watching Nightline last night, and their piece re: Obama, really made me feel reflective about the state of affairs - they had a comment from a woman who indicated that yes, it'd be great if she ran, but considering all of the hate that exists in America, she wondered just how long he would live if he ran and won...and that just really hit me. Progress is so slow. That we still consider that a black man has such a high chance of being shot or hurt if he dared to take the position of posturing himself as a candidate for president - it just hurts me somewhere that i didn't know I could hurt. Its so hard to referendum on issues like war and candidates who without fail promise more than they can provide. I feel depressed again. Thats the best way to feel about this democracy.






Wednesday, November 01, 2006

the OC


I just watched the Season 4 Premiere online - it was good, not going to lie. Darker and less punchy - also, anytime Placebo covers Running Up That Hill, you can bet i'll feel sad just like Josh Schwartz wanted. Such a sucker. I will now watch the rest of the season in its entirety - I also love the casts new hair cuts and what not. Good stuff. I love that show, guilty pleasure or whatever, i'm sad Marissa's dead.

Cherie have you heard the Placebo cover of "Johnny and Mary"? You should.

Post a Comment

Archives