« Home | Date: 12.08.03 Climate: grey Eating: cereal Feelin... » | Date: 12/02/03 Climate: cold enough to break Eatin... » | "Recently, Glass had the opportunity to interview ... » | Date: 11.29 Climate: cold, yet seasonably mild Dri... » | Date: 11.26 Climate: Winter wonderland Drinking: E... » | Date: 11.25 Climate: COLD--lots of snow and grey s... » | Date: 11.23 Climate: Alarmingly warm to frightenin... » | Date: who cares, the days all look the same Climat... » | Date: 11.20 Climate: Warmer, warmest Drinking: Gat... » | Date: 11.19 Climate: Unseasonable record highs Dri... »

Date: 12.11.03
Climate: Sun!
Eating: Skittles
Feeling: better...
Listening to: Christmas Carols*
Watching: "Another Lousy Day"
Reading: The Hipsters Handbook...so funny. So true.

Okay, yesterday I spent seven hours at a martial arts school, doing administrative assistant work. I updated member information, pet and fed the gym dog (does that seem wrong to anyone else?), learned various martial arts terminology that I'll likely forget, and checked my email.

And the sad part is, I don't even know if I have the damned job yet. It was "training," or something...who knows.
I don't really know how I could have f-ed that up but with my luck, well, need I say more, knock on wood*

Went and saw "Another Lousy Day" at Lifeline theater last night...it was great. Very touching and well done. Very This American Life-esque, which makes sense due to the fact it was co-produced or directed by the woman who works for TAL on their web stuff...but it will be on All Things Considered on Christmas day, so I encourage everyone, wherever you are that special day, to tune it. Its very holiday-appropriate.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
The Blondie Issue has been as clarified as much as it can be. I just don't know anymore, about people and why they think and act and say what they do, and just how I factor in, and why i got hurt, etc. so I figure, since it looks like i'll have to deal with this issue with every single guy I do date from here on in, well, why sacrifice the things that are great, like, how he deals with my moods...and so on and so forth. Blah Blah Blah...

Tomorrow I have an interview at a law firm. I am also going to walk LaSalle with my resume and cover letter...word on the street is that being a "project assistant" at litigation and corporate law firms not only give you valuable pre-law school experience, but a hefty pay check as well, up to two grand a week...when you are working on a case going to trial, that is. I am also going to go to the American Bar Association too...I figure, if this girl did it (albeit in 99 when the market was, hands down, much better), why can't I, or something...anyway. More trials and tribulations with the job market...
and as you have read, everything else, too, I am sure.

Archives