« Home | Date: 11.26 Climate: Winter wonderland Drinking: E... » | Date: 11.25 Climate: COLD--lots of snow and grey s... » | Date: 11.23 Climate: Alarmingly warm to frightenin... » | Date: who cares, the days all look the same Climat... » | Date: 11.20 Climate: Warmer, warmest Drinking: Gat... » | Date: 11.19 Climate: Unseasonable record highs Dri... » | Date: Still 11.17 Climate: turning cold and grey a... » | Date: 11.17 Climate: oddly warm Drinking: water Ea... » | Date: 11/11, make a wish Climate: Indian Summer Dr... » | I sent Ryan at Pitchfork a correction letter. Her... »

Date: 11.29
Climate: cold, yet seasonably mild
Drinking: more Gatorade (i think I just like getting it to try out all their ridiculously carbonated and fortified names--)
Eating: Leftovers
Feeling: Christmas time
Listening to: The Strokes
Watching: nothing
Reading: Text messages and Linear Logic, or so the MENSA sponsored book my parents have says.

In response to "whats the best thing to do with turkey leftovers?"

"Thanks for asking. As a vegetarian, everything I eat is boring, and my life is duller and smaller as a result. Every other recipe in this little roundup is more delicious than what I'll be eating during and after Thanksgiving."
-Ira Glass, Host of This American Life


Once again, Ira and I identify on just so many levels. I should for next year fix a vegetarian Thanksgiving feast and invite him over...that is, after I have gotten to actually know him and not obsessively track random knowledge about him. Lordy.

This is getting serious.

In other news, an update on the joblessness. I got a phone call from a man at a consulting firm who was "impressed with my amount of communication skills" as well as the "tenacity from my cover letter" to really "sink into the real world."

This was all a relief, as he began the conversation by saying that he was certain he'd found someone to fill the position I had sent my resume in for. Then, he went on with the news that he and his partners were impressed with me and wanted me to come in to interview for the job of-get this-corporate representative on behalf of them.

As far as I know, I would basically be representing them in corporate settings (hence the name, I know, haha) but would be using my persuasion skills ala newspaper/political science past to get what the consulting firm wants, no matter what.

At first, I was a little taken aback, but I figure its just an interview and hope...this man knew my resume and cover letter inside and out. And just when I thought no one was reading it...
I never thought i'd fit the corporate profile but its getting to be a toss up: cage dance or corporate life? I believe all incorporate the word or usage of "whore" into themselves///

In other more holiday news, home is still nice and cozy. Still a little empty without Jesse.
We cut down our Christmas tree today. The house smells like spruce and balsam fir.
The tree was giving us some grief (getting it up in the stand, getting it straight, etc.)
According to my father, the tree just needs to "get acclimated with the room."

Good to know.



Archives