« Home | Now I know that I am not the only one who thinks l... » | Date: 12.13.03 Climate: Snow is falling and friend... » | Date: 12.11.03 Climate: Sun! Eating: Skittles Feel... » | Date: 12.08.03 Climate: grey Eating: cereal Feelin... » | Date: 12/02/03 Climate: cold enough to break Eatin... » | "Recently, Glass had the opportunity to interview ... » | Date: 11.29 Climate: cold, yet seasonably mild Dri... » | Date: 11.26 Climate: Winter wonderland Drinking: E... » | Date: 11.25 Climate: COLD--lots of snow and grey s... » | Date: 11.23 Climate: Alarmingly warm to frightenin... »

Date: 12.14.03
Climate: F-ing cold
Eating: Eazy Mac
Feeling: lazy (see "eating")
Listening to: Paul Bremmer "We Got Him"
Watching: two back to back episodes of two seasons old ER reruns
Reading: Bell Jar is fini, resume LSAT prep

When Anne Garrels was in Chicago, she said that Paul Bremmer had always reminded her of a Dorian Gray type of guy.
I absolutely see where she's coming from, especially now that he "got his man" and all. Truth be told, I think he's a handsome fella...but I always fall for the dark and good looking politicos, maybe because I am not. But anyway, today was, for most of the international community that we are now going to invite into sudden multilateral unity in trying to figure out just what the fkuc to do with Saddam, a good day (think rap song beginning "Today was a good day...")
However, I wasn't about to let this day overshadow my best friends birthday, oh no. Just kidding...sorta.

Happy 23 Birthday LenaB!!!

Okay. Anyway. I have already been in media overkill with the whole Saddam getting his head checked for lice like he's a monkey, watch him get that wooden stick stuck in his mouth pic one too many time. It was a real treat when they showed those pictures of "the hole" and what not with what appeared to be scrap book type materials pointing at "the hole" and its surrounding, and oh so amazing landscaped area. They really need to start paying those interns at CNN a little more, cause its just getting shoddy.
The best thing I heard, and I will post this shamelessly, was a short but memorable IM dialogue (i know, i'm lame) I had with Brian and all I will say was that he wrote this:
"Oh CNN, always dangling those carrots in front of us."
I maintain that this is when he is at his funniest. Funny because it is so true.

anyway...I talked to my brother for forty minutes tonight. I said this earlier but I'll write it now for effect, my brother is just hands down much cooler than I am. He always has, and always will be. Tonight we discussed my parents, and at last, he and I are finally to a peak where we talk without fighting, are now a unified front for my parents, as opposed to the traditionally opposite situation where they tore us down, together (tore us down aka parenting) and we talk about girls. boys. sex. drugs. and what he has pulled off at our house and our neighborhood...and of course, how he gets cut much more slack due to the fact that he is a) the youngest and b) I was an extreme overachiever that sets such high marks that when I fail, we all have to comment, usually over a stereotypical setting like, say, christmas. As much as family holiday arguments are a tad bit too cliche for me, I know my "lacking" status will be a topic for discussion. As my brother put it, its like when we were in school...
Jesse: "When I got a C, I got twenty bucks."
Me: "IF I ever got a C, I would have gotten verbally beaten"
And then we laughed.

Trying to get ahold of him today was fun. Its nice that Hawaii is covered in my cell plan. I called three times. The first time, I was completely uncertain as to whether it was the right room, as a guy with a heavy British accent picked up the phone. It went something like this:
BritishGuy: "Aello?"
Me:...Hi, is this room three oh three?
BC: "yes."
Me: Oh, hi, um...(thinking I have the wrong room. My brother didn't develop a british accent overnight, I dont' think)...I was looking for someone. Um, do you happen to have a roomate? (maybe jesse doesn't have his own place)
BC: "Quite right, I have eight."
Me: Eight?
BC: "yes, eight."
Me: oh, is there a blonde guy named Jesse in that crew of eight?
BC: "Hold on, let me check...(yells back "is there a Jesse here?")....riight. Yeah, he's out. I'll tell him you called though. Who is this?"
Me: Oh sorry, its his sister.
BC: "Whats your name?"
Me: He only has one.

And then we got off the phone...i talked to jesse about four hours later, and its a four hour time difference too.

But it was really nice to finally catch up with him, now he's trying to get a job on a cruise line....he seems to like Hawaii, except I think he likes Jack Johnson. We'll have to work on that. Oh, and he did say that the tight blonde who thinks everything is sweet was "really hot."
Plus, her sister is apparently a model. I disagreed. I went to high school with that sister, and she wasn't a model then. but time happens. as does plastic surgery I suppose. The worst case scenario is that its like bad regional ads ala Ten Things I Hate About You model boy style, what was his name,. Joey?...i hope that made sense.

And thats all so far...I can't believe I didn't leave the apartment today. Such are Sundays I guess.

Archives