« Home | Date: 12.11.03 Climate: Sun! Eating: Skittles Feel... » | Date: 12.08.03 Climate: grey Eating: cereal Feelin... » | Date: 12/02/03 Climate: cold enough to break Eatin... » | "Recently, Glass had the opportunity to interview ... » | Date: 11.29 Climate: cold, yet seasonably mild Dri... » | Date: 11.26 Climate: Winter wonderland Drinking: E... » | Date: 11.25 Climate: COLD--lots of snow and grey s... » | Date: 11.23 Climate: Alarmingly warm to frightenin... » | Date: who cares, the days all look the same Climat... » | Date: 11.20 Climate: Warmer, warmest Drinking: Gat... »

Date: 12.13.03
Climate: Snow is falling and friends are calling, "yoo hoo"
Eating: Turkey flavored tofu///dare I say, Tofurkey?
Feeling: :)
Listening to: Two mix CD's I burnt for my best friend Lena
Watching: My friend Robs band play
Reading: The Bell Jar (it continues...)

Things are looking better and better. I had the most promising job interview at a law firm last Friday, and all three people I met with told me that I was perfect for the job....I am feeling good about this one. Also, the managing partner told me that I was "by far the best looking candidate, which gave me an edge, since we have so many events you'll be expected to be at, and its important that your image conveys what we want..."

And just when I thought that the world only wanted beautiful blondes...awww.

Incidentally, the woman who i'll be replacing, IF I get the job (she's leaving the country to get married...interesting) had an ex husband, who she's still great friends with, she assured me, who went to Elmhurst College, and who was a drummer in the freaking jazz band. She freaked out when I told her I sang at the Jazz Fest and even won an award for vocal stylings by, like, Dave Brubeck...the band played at her wedding... she was putty in my hands. The last woman, who was a bit frazzled, said to me on arrival "Oh, you're the candidate with the great cover letter!"

I can't believe it?! Has luck finally turned my way? Oh, to curse it now with an absolute would be murder, but I hope my feeling turns to reality. We'll see this coming week, I have interview number two.

Other than that, things are nice and typical. Yeah, lots of stuff still pretty much blows, but I firmly believe my theory to be true: once I secure a job, other things will fall into place, accordingly.

So Christmas is around the corner, I am antsy to get home and bake Christmas cookies with my mom (or should I say For her?), and what not. It finally snowed here and its cold, cold cold...and the city of Chicago's street salt is going to do that fantastic number on my shoes again this winter, I just know it. Oh well. Such a small price for safety*

Now if only I knew what was on my plate for New Years...

Archives