« Home | Date: 1.02.2004 Climate: unseasonable warm Eating:... » | (sigh) SHIRLEY GLASS, B. 1936 The Doctor of the ... » | ala Cruel Intentions, Dangerous Liasons, what have... » | Date: 12.29 Climate: snowflakes Eating:-- Drinking... » | Date: 12.27.03 Climate: in the land of ice and sno... » | The Mad Cow Entry Date: one more day till Christm... » | So Much Promise entry Date: 12.22.03 Climate: Sun... » | "Just cause your an MC doesn't mean you can be an ... » | The Justin Theroux tribute entry Date: 12.19.03 C... » | Date: 12.18.03 Climate: cold and christmas-y Eatin... »

The "You Can Use A Kitchen Utensil For Nearly Any Household Dillemma" entry

Date: Hello New Year
Climate: sun and snow. Lots of it
Eating: =
Drinking: H2O
Feeling: egh.
Listening to: Diana Krall
Watching: Snow falling
Reading: Franny and Zooey


In the rush of trying to move during my last cross city transplant, I hastily shoved one of my two stereos on a much too small box, and threw it into the back of the Uhaul.
When I finally got settled, I found that the stereo was indeed broken. I was saddened, as it was my "favorite" with disc changer and everything. I have used it for radio purposes since then, as the CD tray just will not open.
For the past two months, I have periodically held it upside down, shook it violently, banged it up against walls, cursed and kicked it.
Its stubborn and wouldn't budge. Jammed like nothing else, it made this sad little purring noise as it attempted to open, and would sooner than later read "error" on the screen. I could see my CD's sliding around, but the tray refused to let them escape. I clawed at the "see thru" panel, trying to will them to overpower the tray and slide on out into my hands. But to no avail.

Having not utlized the stereo for its practical purpose for now three months, as well as having lost the three CD's inside (Diana Krall, Hooverphonic, and Ella Fitzgerald), I decided I would have to get crafty.
I grabbed a butter knife from the kitchen.
Sat on the ground with the stereo base in front of me
And shoved the knife in the tray, while holding it upside down.

Nothing.

In a fit of rage, I placed my hand on the base of the knife after jamming it in good and tight.
I placed my left hand over my right.
And with brute force hammered down on the knife and the tray POPPED open.

<----I fly to the left!
---->the cd's fly out!

And the tray opens calmly. It sat there, staring at me. Empty.

As if to say "Defeated"

And I lay there with the knife in my hand, the CDs laying around me, as if to say "Victorious."

Finally.

Me:1
Technology:0

Now, I am enjoying the fruits of my labor...and the stereo works again too, even though its a little defaced from my efforts.


Archives