« Home | ...i loved this article, yet this is possibly bias... » | My new poll question is: What do you do when you g... » | The" White Boy " Entry Date: July 9 Climate: sprin... » | The" still taking on the world " Entry Date: 8July... » | The" toss and turn " Entry Date: July 7 Climate: i... » | The" story of us " Entry Date: 7/6.04 Climate: coo... » | wrote myself:) President Bush will be in Michigan... » | Let the races begin! I heard my boss talking ab... » | Normally, not that big a fan of USA Today but this... » | The" Jon no H " Entry Date: I think this was the ... »

The" Go Ask Alice " Entry
Date: 7.12/04--i missed the free slurpee day on 7.11 at said convenient store:(
Climate: Florida Bayou. No joke.
Eating: --
Drinking: water and chocolate milk
Feeling: tired
Listening to: All things considered
Watching: --
Reading: The Atlantic Monthly Summer Double Issue:)

I guess I should say that the Go Ask Alice reference is in regards to my newfound decision to pick up "summer reading." On the list besides the anonymous diary is Anna Karenina, One Shot, One Kill, finishing Enders Game (i know, i know, Eddie read it in one night), and Orwell's 1984. I know there's more, but I can't think of any and these are at the top of the list I guess.

Other than that, work is busy as usual--impressed with my newfound responsibility, I am beating this event into the ground for the most successful outcome: this could make or break my reference, right? I have successfully managed to maintain all of the hiring, the various events in the week, design and get approval for a flyer (m/soft word never looked so good)and this massive event this past week. With this being a short week for me with that interview, I am trying to get it all done as fast as possible.
I have a few more leads on Project Assistant positions with various Chicago law firms I am going to write cover letters and clean up my resume for tonight...oddly, I am perfectly qualified for those ("thinking of law school? Come work with ___ as a project assistant!") I am going to send those in tomorrow...to be truthful, as much as I am starting to "like"(aka tolerate) this job, I think this is as good as its going to get, which isn't that great, and frankly, I want to move home. I miss my city, my friends, and my boyfriend, and I don't really care how unprofessional that sounds...whenever we talk about getting older and settling down, I have to remind people that another one of my goals, although less glamorous than being a lawyer or lobbyist, is to have a family, be a mother, and be a wife...I don't want to sacrifice that road be/c I chase these "career builders." Its not that we aren't strong enough without proximity, its that I just plain don't want that.

Maybe its because the weekend was so great that I feel this affinity...but it was, and I found out that I am a surprisingly good cook* Eddie genuinely liked my cooking, and heaven knows he can't lie-I made two kinds of pasta sauce and this onion/lentils/rice thing, and of course, the taco dip. I can't believe it all turned out so well. We left only once to buy the sunday paper.
I felt this odd, strange, and almost repelling sense of satisfaction that my cooking was so pleasing to him. I wonder if this maternal side of me will continue to surface...its confusing, being a girl.

Archives