« Home | wrote myself:) President Bush will be in Michigan... » | Let the races begin! I heard my boss talking ab... » | Normally, not that big a fan of USA Today but this... » | The" Jon no H " Entry Date: I think this was the ... » | The" Luckiest " Entry Date: June 29 Climate: no cl... » | I got in my first actual argument with my director... » | The" Notebook " Entry Date: handover day Climate: ... » | The" Carried " Entry Date: 25 June Climate: 70's ... » | The"Rice a Roni" Entry Date: June 18 Climate: cold... » | The" Getting Ready " Entry Date: June 17. The mont... »

The" story of us " Entry
Date: 7/6.04
Climate: cooler by the lake
Eating: rice crispy square from starbucks. thought it would taste like playdough and was pleasantly surprised.
Drinking: water
Feeling: tired
Listening to: twilight singers
Watching: cnn
Reading: media advisories

The fourth was so so great. I just love the excitement about the fireworks and the crazy fair food. From the Taste to the Lakefront, Eddie and I hit it all...even got sick off of churros at Navy Pier as we stood on top by the Ferris Wheel until the fireworks went off. Fearing the crowds and the small children and cantankerous parents, we departed for solid ground once the first sparkler hit the air. It was great fun--we walked from printers row to the edge of old town, twice. When we got back to the hotel, I made him rub my legs until I fell asleep...the tricky thing with flip flops is that when you wear them for that long, you may as well be barefoot.
The only thing i'd have done differently would be to leave smelling less like the city--we were pretty ripe when we got home. It was nasty.
The shower was nice though...the weekend was great, although a little tumultous at times...its torture driving away from him and our 'story' is always being perfected, especially on what we're going to tell the scrappers, or as I like to call them, the minions, once we have them.... but at least I have work to keep me busy...Bush is here tomorrow and i got a chance to draft my first press related item today. Its below, as well as a great picture of the two johns.

ps) I have told this to two people today: when a black fly lands on you, it actually lays eggs which are larvae. The larvae buries into your skin and creates maggots which will surface if you press on the hole the larvae makes when it burys itself in you. I know this because two just fell out of my arm.

....

just kidding.
I saw it on National Geographic and it was certainly one of the ugliest sights i had ever seen. THey showed how they come out of cows. I am even more militant about washing myself and my produce now. Ew. Larvae. Seeing that maggot crawl out of the cow just made me feel even better for being a vegetarian. To think you could eat a cow that was maggot infested:) yum.

Archives