« Home | The" toss and turn " Entry Date: July 7 Climate: i... » | The" story of us " Entry Date: 7/6.04 Climate: coo... » | wrote myself:) President Bush will be in Michigan... » | Let the races begin! I heard my boss talking ab... » | Normally, not that big a fan of USA Today but this... » | The" Jon no H " Entry Date: I think this was the ... » | The" Luckiest " Entry Date: June 29 Climate: no cl... » | I got in my first actual argument with my director... » | The" Notebook " Entry Date: handover day Climate: ... » | The" Carried " Entry Date: 25 June Climate: 70's ... »

The" still taking on the world " Entry
Date: 8July2004
Climate: COLD and Drizzle
Eating: pistachios
Drinking: water
Feeling: yesterday was like today
Listening to: fresh air just finished
Watching: --
Reading: more economist
If people wonder why I am reading the Economist so much (sorta too conservative for me) its be/c I got this trial subsciption. I see now that trial is good for me, since the conservative angle makes me a little weak, but the global coverage is so comprehensive and succinct...we'll see if I renew.
Anyway. So its Thursday already. I have realized that I will like this job much more if I just assume the absolute bare bones minimum of happiness. So these past couple days have been alright. It keeps me busy, and as I get more say in the research end (which I love) and even some writing, work is turning out to get better and better. I must assure myself that this is primarily due to my attitude change.
Been considering finding a therapist to discuss all this adoption + image issues that I have been grappling with as of late. From some conversations, some is due to standard societal crap, but some is in part to some people in my past's comments in regards to my race.
This is going to be difficult as I have never particularly enjoyed to talk about either issue outside of an academic and logical sense -- self interpretation is always harder. Especially when its with someone you don't know. It makes me miss Tamar. I wonder what she'd say if she knew that Eddie and I have agreed to name our first son Levinson.
Interesting.

Archives