« Home | The" You and the Little Mermaid Can Go F-yourselve... » | The" Addicted to the 'Cause' " Entry Date: 1.21.0... » | The" Welcome to Hell, may I offer you a drink? " E... » | The" Word Of The Year " Entry Date: 1.17.04 Climat... » | The " Don't Know Until You Try " Entry Date: 1.14.... » | The" Race to the Finish " Entry Date: 1.13.04 Clim... » | The" Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Employment ... » | The" Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow " Entry Date: 1.11... » | The" of course " Entry Date: 1.10.04 Climate: slus... » | The" Wouldn't It Be Nice" Entry Date:"The same shi... »

The" Done, but with errors " Entry
Date: 1.26.04
Climate: slush
Eating: goddamned banana chips, again. I bought four pounds worth.
Drinking: --
Feeling: AOK
Listening to: The Stills
Watching: The Stills
Reading: Just got Love in the Time of Cholera.

As though it wasn't completely obvious, I just saw The Stills at the Empty Bottle. They were great. KH Mat actually recommended me; probably the only good thing I got out of that whole seven month correspondence. However, as the set wore on, the more they started to sound like The Strokes...and less like what I hear in them: The Smiths mopey vibe and all that. I went alone, and stood next to of course the most obnoxious people there. Typical. Also, the man standing next to me was blatantly hitting on me and not getting the hints at all. "Looks like you got lucky tonight," as he grins at me, and like points to himself. Are you kidding me?
Plus, he was creepy. And with a big group of guys that just didn't seem like they'd be into The Stills--not to discriminate, but baseball cap donning, The North Face down vests with beers in their hands and keys to one of the SU fucking V's outside really didn't strike me as the precise demographic that usually frequents the Empty Bottle, but I suppose its a good sign that good music is making its way to the masses. Via who knows, but its better than nothing at all.
The job was rewarding today: I met a gay couple who gave me a crotched snowflake, and told me that everyone who enters the house gets one. I also signed up another person who primarily spoke Spanish so I was proud of my ability to communicate. And I also talked with a woman who had just recently moved out of a shelter, where I chatted with her today...its all so unreal. I had never been incorporated with that part of Chicago, and although I may have seen it, its entirely different to try to immerse yourself in it, and get something out of it to in some round about way, help it improve itself. I had two kids ask me to get a mighty dangerous icicle down from a warehouse. I told them no...knowing me, it'd fall on one of them and poke their eye out and then i'd be liable.
I went back to visit one of the first members I had met with; her little girl is getting attached to me and now cries when I leave. Not good, but its cute to have this little seventeen month old girl cling to me and smile and gurgle and all that baby stuff.
My hair really stinks. I need to take a shower.
Tomorrow they move me back to the South Side--

Archives