« Home | The "Well What Do You Want Me To Do?" Entry Date: ... » | The "Fish or Cut Bait" Entry Date: 1.07.04 Climat... » | The "lets listen to the Democrats fuck themselves ... » | The "You Can Use A Kitchen Utensil For Nearly Any ... » | Date: 1.02.2004 Climate: unseasonable warm Eating:... » | (sigh) SHIRLEY GLASS, B. 1936 The Doctor of the ... » | ala Cruel Intentions, Dangerous Liasons, what have... » | Date: 12.29 Climate: snowflakes Eating:-- Drinking... » | Date: 12.27.03 Climate: in the land of ice and sno... » | The Mad Cow Entry Date: one more day till Christm... »

The "Since When Is Ambition a Bad Thing?" Entry (courtesy of Rob)
Date: Still Friday...
Climate: Like my mood: icy
Eating: Lifesavers
Drinking: Gatorade
Feeling: sartre
Listening to: This American Life, LIVING WITHOUT (how f-ing appropriate is that?)
Watching: my hair grow
Reading: Washington Post's classifieds

I'm fairly confident that I didn't get the job.
I recieved no phone call today.
Unless she's really stressing about this into Saturday, I am still unemployed.

I have really hit rock bottom. I do remember her saying something about "my ambition, and how that could turn around and hurt 'them' in the end, if they chose me."
I just don't know anymore. I need to start lying on my resume, or withhold information that may allow them to see me as someone who actually gives a damn about their life and may not always want to work in the administrative assitant field, the field that is selfishly holding out my toe hold.
Damnit all.

Plus, a friend who bailed on me today...on a day where, to be honest, I kinda needed him.

But its okay. I'm fine. I just sat in my room and listented to wuss rock all evening. Its a good thing I was without alcohol, or i'd be drinking alone.

To add insult to injury, today I went, with my new ATM card sent to me, to withdraw my rent (its late due to the robbery) and the fucking machine ate my card.
I called my mom.
Who called the bank.

Oops, they had forgotten to change the account, so I just got another card to an account I had shut down, so the machine thought I was the thief, and like all good robots, just ate it up without question or comment.
What the hell. Could anything else go wrong? Could it?

Its only been a week or so since the whole debacle so I don't have a) a checkbook b) active credit card.
I am completely without anything because someone TOOK it from me. Thanks again, to whoever pirated my booty.

But the bank felt bad so they're overnighting a new card to me. If the postal service does its job, I should have it tomorrow.

But you know, why bother even thinking things will go right? Because NOTHING has lately.

I applied for three jobs in DC today. California is next on my list.

Archives