« Home | The "Fish or Cut Bait" Entry Date: 1.07.04 Climat... » | The "lets listen to the Democrats fuck themselves ... » | The "You Can Use A Kitchen Utensil For Nearly Any ... » | Date: 1.02.2004 Climate: unseasonable warm Eating:... » | (sigh) SHIRLEY GLASS, B. 1936 The Doctor of the ... » | ala Cruel Intentions, Dangerous Liasons, what have... » | Date: 12.29 Climate: snowflakes Eating:-- Drinking... » | Date: 12.27.03 Climate: in the land of ice and sno... » | The Mad Cow Entry Date: one more day till Christm... » | So Much Promise entry Date: 12.22.03 Climate: Sun... »

The "Well What Do You Want Me To Do?" Entry
Date: 1.09.04
Climate: haven't ventured out yet
Eating: still digesting last nights indulgence of carbs
Drinking: Chai
Feeling: Anxious
Listening to: my fingers type
Watching: twenty eight days later
Reading: parts of my book

I still haven't heard back.
I went in full of confidence yesterday, and I can tell she really -- they really, like me.
She kept saying so. Said I was top two.
Who is this other girl? My nemesis. I really doubt she needs this job as much as me--but then again, you never know. I just...
I really need/want this. Especially after yesterday. I really like the women in the office; very nice environment for someone of my nature. So we'll see...but today is going to kill me.

I watched twenty eight days later last night, and it was just HORRIBLE. What the hell was all that hype about? Due to the overwhelming cult following that had developed, I assumed it was going to be a good movie.
But it was poorly acted.
The story sucked.
The ENDING was even worse. (I mean, really. Yes, live in your small bit of Utopia now that you've seen how civilization can be so ugly; live like you were never a part of it, that THAT wasn't what you were running towards all along, in some ways.)
The direction, well, Boyle was great at letting it be freakishly grotesque and scary...but not much else. I would have preferred to see the world actually tear itself apart. And I knew the "infected" were reacting out of the rage from the monkeys, but why did they have to attack the living again? Sustinence? It was like lord of the flies in adult form, and I didn't like how obvious it was: turning savage (shirtlesss, blood in teeth and mouth, looking at women as sole baby givers and nothing else) to get civilized again. It was just way to obvious. Give the viewer a little more credit.

NO IDEA What the hype was all about. AT all. Unless these are the same people who think Chasing Liberty is the next Oscar contender.

I didn't like it.

....Still waiting by the phone.:(

Archives