« Home | Memorable... Q: Any advice? Is it a move on and ... » | I hate this new blogger template crap.   Today I w... » | The" ihate michigan" Entry Date: 19 July Climate... » | The" Go Ask Alice " Entry Date: 7.12/04--i missed ... » | ...i loved this article, yet this is possibly bias... » | My new poll question is: What do you do when you g... » | The" White Boy " Entry Date: July 9 Climate: sprin... » | The" still taking on the world " Entry Date: 8July... » | The" toss and turn " Entry Date: July 7 Climate: i... » | The" story of us " Entry Date: 7/6.04 Climate: coo... »

I am listening to the This American Life where they talk about marriage and this particular story is about an institute in Seattle where they can tell from the first few minutes of a conversation, in conflict, from facial expressions and words, if the couple will divorce. The findings are interesting, and I see Eddie and I in those findings--we, according to this study, will actually not get divorced due to how we conduct conflict-filled situations, and of course, how much we love one another to an alarming degree.
 
This is promising for me.

While Eddie and I disagree, there is never any contempt, resentment, or hostility, three signs of divorce...we just disagree, and we have, I hope, learned how to a) deal with conflict when it gets too hot and we just have to walk away for a few b) figured out how to clearly and with as little harm as possible, critique the other. I don't think he and I have ever hurt each other on purpose; just on accident...now to some, this is an obvious 'must' in relationships, but coming from where I did, and there's no need to relive that, hurting was as common as kissing...and even moreso as it got further down the drain.

I suppose its just me realizing that every day, there are so many more pushes telling me that I am finally done with dating, and happy. If only we were together.
 
I just finished eating rice and drinking a smoothie. I have to go to a dinner with the staff tonight which I frankly don't want to go to but I suppose it would be tacky to be the only person who has no family or life here to just not go. Especially since I went to the BBQ before... and apparently some sort of "head" of ACT is in town. 
 
More fun with hiring...I should never, ever, work in HR. 
 
Last night was so much fun--I ate macaroni and cheese from the box, about three spoonfulls, ate blue cheese and apples, and almost a whole jar of hearts of palm. I read some of the new Economist ("Sincere Deceivers", avec picture of Tony Blair--eddie's impression is great--and our own Bush).
Watched some TV. Talked to Eddie. Slept. I hate my life here. I was walking to get the rice and smoothie and saw couples, seemingly everywhere, and friends...I miss so much--this place is like exile. 

I just don't want to work today, but i've been plowing through, there are so many applications that my head begins to swim trying to decipher their handwriting. I can't wait until this part of the job is over.

Time to listen to The Smiths again.

Archives