« Home | Hello Friends-- Well, if you have had the luxury o... » | » | The "End is Near " Entry Date: 3 August 2004 Clima... » | I am all for recycling but this is just disgusting... » | The "happy when it rains " Entry Date: 27 July C... » | I have been researching tort reform recently and c... » | The " gone away" Entry Date: 7.26 Climate: this ... » | Labor Pays Its Dues July 23, 2004 Conservatives... » | The " languish " Entry Date: 23 July Climate: co... » | Today has been a monumentally frustrating day. I c... »

The "banging my head up the side of a wall " Entry
Date: 5 August --i think my milk expires today
Climate: feels like spring to me...i feel really nostalgic for my old place off Taylor*
Eating: --
Drinking: chocolate milk
Feeling: burnt out
Listening to: idlewild
Watching: nightline--that huge tour of musicians promoting voting is an ACT project (moveon gets more naming rights but we have to do most of the planning...yet another reason I am happy to be fleeing)
Reading: new Atlantic Monthly--very funny article re: Barack Obama by a guy from The New Republic: best line was when he noticed Barack doodling and he realized
he was, in fact, doodling pictures of himself.

Today has been a crazy, crazy day.
First, get to work and have to dress "nice" due to the fact that I am going down to the federal courthouse to get licensing for this press conference (we have no one speaking yet!)--get lost in Detroit, always fun, meet with federal marshall guy and homeland security guy, and the building manager, get license after much questioning (technically I could do it without it since its a public building but who likes angry bureaucrats?)
Drive back to work, get hit with "surprise" project, aka laying out awards for the team leads (and I don't really get why since all I have been hearing is how they're NOT doing what we need them to do, but whatever).
The two directors I work with get angry that I am working on someone else's project and come to tell me that I have to tell the others no from now on...right. I can't say no when its as simple a project as that.
Finish in about 30 minutes, start to call MI vets to participate...and I am still trying.
Organizational BBQ tonight and a bunch of fun radiology appointments tomorrow. Great!
At least the big boss told me I looked great today. Its the little things.
1 day until Eddie arrives
10 days until I can leave here, scott free.

Archives