« Home | WHOA see, im not all fire and brimstone: Blast fro... » | That makes you a pedophile and basically pure evil... » | Sometimes I don't repost what i post on my myspace... » | Agitated? Why not. I know I have blogged about cel... » | What do you get if you google...Barack Obama? Lol.... » | Dear Nina, Heidi, Michael and ...whoever you are G... » | I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I wa... » | forget about your last goodbye's and you'll be sor... » | WHAT A WASTERNo one ever said they didn't fight di... » | SHUT UP GEORGE CLOONEY I don't know why I bother w... »

Too many choices.


I am one of those people who automatically thinks of the most illogical or impractical outcomes for situations that have about 1/one million odds of happening. Today while I was at the airport, there were two flights going to chicago in a row - i was on the second of the two flights. There were a few open seats on the first flight which were open to passengers without checked baggage. I belonged to that class but...but but but. This could be the scenario where I chose to go on the flight "i wasn't even supposed to be on" and it like, crashes. Or my flight crashes and I look back and say "wow, what if I hadn't been on this flight? What if I had taken the original flight?" blah blah blah. I don't know why I think this way. I eventually chose to stick with my original flight and sort of pretend I had never heard the offer to travel on an earlier flight. Also, at the last minute, a mother was barreling down the corridor with an older woman pushing a stroller behind her, which held a smaller child. In the mothers arms was a child who was literally hammocked - she had him held by his feet and the back of his shirt (honestly, seriously, the kid looked abused) and she was running down the corridor while he screamed bloody murder and she just kept screaming back "be quiet!" while he like shook back and forth, almost hitting his head on the floor. It was disturbing - the noise, the sight, the...fact that this person is raising two kids. I don't care what excuse she has, you aren't supposed to have kids if this is how you deal with them. Scary. So upon seeing that display and watching them board the first flight, I was pleased at my decision (or...non decision. Whatever).

Being home was fine. A little confusing I guess. And tiring. Its never really relaxing to go home all things considered. Esps this trip with the family drama. I am just glad I am back in Chicago. I did some torts work but not enough. I am going to finish my contracts outline tomorrow which is exciting. In addition, the warm weather is starting to freak me out. Even my father expressed his surprise at the high temps, commenting on how anyone who denies global warming is living in a dream world. Agreed.

It was really really nice to catch up with Lena - see her new place and talk for hours and really connect with someone on different topics that range in importance - from personal issues to memories of growing up to current problems in our lives to fashion. We also ventured to the Mall of America. I was sort of shook up after wards and felt really drained. I am not equipped for after Thanksgiving shopping in any sense. So many people. So many strollers. So many idiots. So much crap. I bought nothing but advised Lena on some items - funtimes. I miss her more though and I am glad she is reflective of the same feeling - we're just...very similar in many different ways and its reassuring but also lonely when I fly back to Chicago. I am already looking forward to seeing her during Christmas.

I really miss Eduardo right now. His geriatric filled trip in Naples seems to be going fine, but he did get yelled at by some old woman for turning up the pool too high. He says their skate park is great and he is now an official member, for $10 a year. I suppose skateboarding isn't really a big draw in Naples.

The only other issues....I read the Economist on the way home. Depressing information about Wall Street becoming weaker due to too many restrictions. Damn you Sarbanes Oxley (sp?). Damn you Enron. Damn you executives who just had to cheat big as opposed to cheat little to keep the US ahead of London. Yet...the NYSE is still bidding on the London market at an alarmingly low amount (like 5 bill or something which even to a layperson like me seems low). SNL said it best though "London is now the world's financial capital...get it terrorists? LONDON is now the world's financial capital" - I don't really agree with the undertone to that statement but I do enjoy SNL. Esps weekend update. I don't care with anyone says. I love Maya Rudolph. And Kristin Wig(g?). And Andy Samberg.

Time for bed. Sleeping alone. :(

After a minute I was like "Oh, Saturday Night Live," but when I first read that, I was like "Woah, SNL Financial said that?!"

Post a Comment

Archives