« Home | The" Its two degrees outside! " Entry Date: 1.28.0... » | The" Done, but with errors " Entry Date: 1.26.04 ... » | The" You and the Little Mermaid Can Go F-yourselve... » | The" Addicted to the 'Cause' " Entry Date: 1.21.0... » | The" Welcome to Hell, may I offer you a drink? " E... » | The" Word Of The Year " Entry Date: 1.17.04 Climat... » | The " Don't Know Until You Try " Entry Date: 1.14.... » | The" Race to the Finish " Entry Date: 1.13.04 Clim... » | The" Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Employment ... » | The" Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow " Entry Date: 1.11... »

The" If it doesn't kill you, it... just damages you for life " Entry
Date: 1.29.04
Climate: windchilled
Eating: --
Drinking: hot cocoa
Feeling: reminiscent
Listening to: "I am the sun...and the air..."
Watching: the rest of Personal Velocity
Reading: A blurb in the organizations newsletter, detailing how my boyfriend's fathers' bank/corporation, is part of the predatory lendors my work is trying to fight against...an interesting romeo and juliet twist...

I think the words "want to place my hands on America to heal it" was uttered during tonights Democratic presidential debate. Could have been Edwards. Maybe Kucinich. I don't know but its like a show--I love how, no matter what the questions, they're all able to bring it back to their platform. I was listening to it as I was stuck in traffic from like Calumet City--I put on 100 miles on the cavie today---poor lass. I went out to the state line to talk to DHS workers. It was so miserable and cold. I was so miserable and cold. I don't know how much more I can take of this cold weather along with people's cold mannner--they're so rude. They don't want to help themselves, so why should I, is what kept echoing...
But its about the cause. and helping the eighty two year old man who is a home care worker who makes less than a starbucks barista and doesn't have healthcare--because the state sees him as a "glorified babysitter" Fucking politics. Forget sick days for those who work with the sick, they don't need it. And lets just assume that they don't need healthcare either, since they live it everyday...and vacation days? Shouldn't leaving their house be enough?

Today was a weird day. An altered state.

Archives